Talk

Advanced search

So confused in need of support :(

(8 Posts)
Ilovechocolatetoomuch Wed 04-Oct-17 06:51:36

So it's coming up two years we have been trying for dc2.
I have had all the scans, laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy and nothing is ,visibly, wrong. My Amh is 22 and I am 34.
I have had 4 blood tests to check ovulation two cam back definitely yes one definite no, now this time a probably no.
The thing that is confusing me is the definitely no time I had no temp rise. This month (a probably no) I have had all the signs loads of ewcm and a clear temp rise as well as a positive opk. They tested my blood on day 20. Now they want to put me on clomid and I'm scared.
Sorry for waffling has anybody else had all the symptoms and not ovulated?

isthismummy Wed 04-Oct-17 22:43:05

Is it possible that they mistimed the day they tested your blood on second test? You may have ovulated earlier/later than you thought.

It is definitely possible to get ewcm etc and not ovulate, but a temp rise is a clear indicator.

A clear temp rise is a very sure sign of ovulation. If you've been following the rules for chatting then I personally would say you ovulatedsmile

Ilovechocolatetoomuch Thu 05-Oct-17 22:26:10

Thank you for your advice. I guess it could be possible I won't really know till start my cycle again how long it was and when I ovulated

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 06-Oct-17 07:39:21

Symptoms like temp rises can be misleading and you are well beyond those initial things in any case. It is possible to have a temp rise in the second half of your cycle when an egg has not been shed so charting itself is not infallible. I would cease using both the temp charting and OPKs as they are not doing you any good.

Have they tested your man as well as you having all these tests done?. This all seems very muddled as treatments as well; usually clomid is tried first and you've already had a laparoscopy (why was this done?) and a hysteroscopy.

I would be concerned about them now offering clomid as well; it seems that they do not know what is wrong at all. You need a diagnosis first and foremost.

Ilovechocolatetoomuch Fri 06-Oct-17 12:44:20

Hi.
They have tested hubby twice he is all o.k
This is my fourth set of bloods as results have been inconclusive ( 2 ov 2 not)
They did lap and dye and hysteroscopy as I have very heavy painful periods and they wondered if it was endo ( it isn't).
So last thing before getting out the big guns is clomid.

Ilovechocolatetoomuch Fri 06-Oct-17 12:57:33

They don't know why I fell straight off with Ds and still not even a squeak of a bfp after 2 years with second

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 06-Oct-17 16:21:39

It may well be that both of you are contributing to the subfertility at this stage. Two semen analyses are not sufficient in their own right; have they for instance done swim up or velocity tests?.

I am sorry that the lap did not find anything but endometriosis all the same cannot be ruled out here. Endometriosis can present in atypical forms as well and it could be that it has been missed.

It does seem to me in your case that the treatment options presented to you have been done the "wrong" way around. Normally clomid is offered first and to me they have no idea what is wrong with you. I would be wary about taking clomid without detailed prior discussion with them beforehand as to why it is necessary. Also you should be monitored whilst on clomid if you take this as it is quite powerful stuff. No monitoring is unacceptable as you will then not know how effective it actually is.

I would consider seeking a second opinion.

Ilovechocolatetoomuch Fri 06-Oct-17 17:22:06

Hi Attila

I have only been seen through the NHS so far. I am going in for a discussion about Clomid next week with the consultant so I hope that they would monitor me.
Its all pretty new to me I never in a million years thought I would struggle with no 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now