Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AMH 6.9pmol - can anyone help me interpret?

(4 Posts)
CookiesFromTheCookieJar Fri 04-Aug-17 10:42:34

I had my AMH tested out of curiosity because I wanted to know how long I might have if I wanted to conceive in the future.

I'm 37.

I'm not under the care of any fertility dr so I don't really know how to interpret the result. Anyone help?

Zigzag99 Fri 04-Aug-17 11:07:04

Based on the information I was given when I had mine tested, for your age bracket you are at the lower end of the scale.
Saying that it is still possible to conceive but I would probably think about doing so sooner rather that later.

Chattycat78 Fri 04-Aug-17 15:57:06

It's lowish but not a disaster. TBH I'm not sure how useful the amh test is. Egg quality is the biggest factor for conceiving- and that is determined by age. All amh tells you is about the numbers, not the quality.

JoJoSM2 Sat 19-Aug-17 20:18:45

Statistically speaking, you're headed for menopause at about 44-45 with perimenopause a few years earlier (and fertility struggles at that point). Although obv not everyone is the same and you might not fit the statistical trend perfectly. If you're in the right relationship, I wouldn't delay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now