Talk

Advanced search

Understanding day 21 tests

(5 Posts)
WelshMammy123 Tue 11-Jul-17 13:27:14

Hi,

I've just had the results from my day 21 progesterone test and thyroid back.

Thyroid - T4 16.9 and TSH 1.33.

Progesterone - 21

Our story is that we're ttc #2. It took us over 3 years and an ivf cycle that resulted in a bfn before we conceived our dd naturally. Started ttc again Jan 16 and conceived twice last year but lost both babies. It's now been 8 months since the second loss. Had tests because time is less on our side now and if we need to think about getting some help then would like to do so sooner rather than later.

I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the progesterone level in particular as of the tests that's the one I'm thinking is perhaps not quite where it should be? Thanks.

physicskate Tue 11-Jul-17 13:54:54

Thyroid looks great (I'm very jealous).

Progesterone above 30 indicates ov, so looks like maybe you didn't 7 days before this test. How long are your cycles normally??

WelshMammy123 Tue 11-Jul-17 14:00:00

Thanks for replying to me. That cycle I got a positive ovulation test and the normal pains on day 12 I think but period came day 27. Normally I'm positive ov test day 12-14 and then period around day 27-29. Literal phase always around 13-14 days. I had no temp dip last month which would correlate with my not having ovulated. So I had definitely ovulated - according to tests- by the time I had the bloods taken and was probably 5-6 days off period. Am guessing it should def have been higher?

florafoxtrot Tue 11-Jul-17 15:55:00

Your day 21 bloods should ideally be done at 7dpo - they are day 21 based on an average 28 day cycle with ovulation on day 14, therefore if you think that you ovulated on CD12 then the test might have been done a bit later and your levels may have dropped?

I do have 28 day cycles but my CD21 is always a Saturday so I've had the test done on the Monday and it was 29 - which was an "inconclusive" for proving ovulation so think that progesterone levels were on their way back down again - might be the same for you?

WelshMammy123 Tue 11-Jul-17 18:14:05

That's really interesting - thanks for sharing and I'm wondering if it's the same for me. I 'think' I ovulated day 13 now I've checked back and I had the tests done day 21 so 8 dpo. I'm not sure how rapidly progesterone levels fall but could that explain the reading of 21? Only thing is that I know there was no temperature dip last month either so that coupled with this progesterone result makes me think all isn't quite as it should be....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now