Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any hope left? BFN at 13dp5dt!

(20 Posts)
jessica1303 Fri 07-Jul-17 13:09:00

Hi all, it's my first time posting in here. I'd appreciate any advice or help on this...

My husband and I have just completed our first and only NHS funded round of IVF. I took 0.3ml of pregnyl as my trigger shot on the 18th June and had EC the following day, we then had a 5dt of a hatching blastocyst tranferred on 24th June.

We made the BIG MISTAKE of caving early and testing, here's how it went...

5dp5dt - Squinter of a positive, we debated whether this could be the trigger shot as it was so faint.

6dp5dt - Again it was a squinter.

7dp5dt - Positive result, the line had got a little darker but still faint.

8dp5dt - Positive result, this was the strongest result we had had so far it was still faint but definitely there.

9dp5dt - Positive result, this matched day 8.

10dp5dt - Positive result, it had faded to equal day 7.

11dp5dt - Positive result, that matched day 6. Complete squinter again.

12dp5dt - We couldn't bring our self to test and see no line so, we didn't.

13dp5dt - OTD is here! This is today, we tested and nothing. Not even a squinter, the line has completely vanished.

We were advised to ring the nurses number and leave a message with the result and she would contact us today. I left the message at 9:30am, we haven't heard anything yet and are driving ourselves insane!

Could it have been the trigger shot? Surely it would have been out of my system as I had a reduced shot as well, also can trigger shots get darker before getting lighter and disappearing?

We're worried it may have been a chemical pregnancy maybe? With it getting darker suggests I was pregnant but, then it got lighter and has disappeared.

I am currently taking progesterone intramuscular injections, I haven't spotted or bled. I'm not bloated or have cramps like I usually would if my period was on it's way. I have read conflicting things about progesterone, some women bleed on it others don't, so it they do have a chemical pregnancy they don't always know. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Also I don't know if genes, gentics or whatever play into HCG. One of my sisters couldn't get a positive on a HPT (home pregnancy test) till she was 12 weeks, my other sister got faint lines that came and went till she was 6 weeks when she got a dark line.

In my information pack that the hospital gave me it says that if you get a negative on OTD and have not bled, then the nurse will probably advise you to carry on the progesterone for a few more days and then to test again. If it's negative then, they will advise you to stop taking it and wait for your bleed. Has anyone heard of ever getting a positive so late? I just wish I could have a blood test and have done with it.

I'm losing my mind, give it to me straight. Is there any hope for us or is it over?

I appreciate any advice or help, thanks in advance x

BiggerBoatNeeded Fri 07-Jul-17 13:24:02

Sorry this has been such a confusing time, as if it's not stressful enough. No one here can say for sure, but from your description of the tests it sounds like a possible chemical pregnancy. The only way to know for sure though is to get a blood test. If your clinic won't do these you can usually get this done privately.

welshweasel Fri 07-Jul-17 13:28:12

It sounds to me like a chemical pregnancy. The trigger shouldn't have been in your system that long. Sorry.

jessica1303 Fri 07-Jul-17 13:51:54

Thanks for the replies.

That's what we thought, hoping it wasn't. Still waiting on hearing from a nurse and can't get hold of anyone, finding it so frustrating!

desperatehousewife2 Fri 07-Jul-17 13:52:18

I'm so sorry, I think this was a chemical pregnancy too. I've had similar happen a couple of times flowers

Scottishgirl85 Fri 07-Jul-17 13:53:37

I'm so sorry it does sound like a chemical if you are using sensitive tests. My first ivf (privately funded) failed a few weeks ago, it is devastating. Please have a blood test done as the uncertainty is awful. Wishing you all the best x

jessica1303 Fri 07-Jul-17 13:57:52

I've been using frer, no others tests have picked anything up.
I'm going to ask the nurse for a blood test when I hear back from her, the wait is killing me though.

Thank you flowers

Kannet Fri 07-Jul-17 14:09:38

Don't loose hope until
You have the blood test x

jessica1303 Fri 07-Jul-17 15:11:49

Just spoken to a nurse, I explained about the tests and she said they ask you not to test earlier as it could be the trigger. Nothing about a possible a chemical pregnancy at all. She then said as hard as it as because I've not bled yet, I have to carry on with my medication & injections till Monday. I have to test again on Monday, if it's negative (I'm 99.9% sure it will be) then I stop all medication and ayhe said I should bleed within a week.

I feel like this is torture sad

Kannet Fri 07-Jul-17 15:53:43

Try and stay as positive as possible. It's not over till it's over

jessica1303 Sat 08-Jul-17 09:45:52

Thanks Kannet, I just don't want to get my hopes up again to feel crushed again. Think it's time to be realistic.

cherryontopp Sat 08-Jul-17 12:03:49

It sounds like a chemical pregnancy to me too. That's why they advise to wait til your OTD but no one does grindefinitely not me.
Good luck for monday

jessica1303 Sat 08-Jul-17 14:42:44

I can't imagine anyone can wait till the OTD, I struggled after 5 days.
Thanks, pretty sure it'll be a negative and I'll be told to stop the drugs x

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 09-Jul-17 08:26:46

This is why they say don't test till the test date they give you

Yes it's a very long 2ww but testing and if negative then need to test again on the date

If positive then risk it's the trigger andneed to re test anyway

The first four cycles I didn't test till the day tho ended up bleeding on day 11 so knew 1&2 failed

5th I did test 3 days early as was my birthday and was negative 😒 but when tested on the right day was a faint line and that became my 3.5mth daughter πŸ’“πŸ‘ΆπŸΌπŸ’“

You can pay for a blood test privately - about Β£140

Kannet Mon 10-Jul-17 15:31:05

Hope you are feeling ok op

jessica1303 Mon 10-Jul-17 16:19:48

Thanks Kannet.

I tested again today on 16dp5dt as advised by the nurse and low and behold it was a negative. I knew it was coming after getting the negative on 13dp5dt for OTD.

I still haven't bled yet, they've now told me to stop medication and progesterone injections and have said I should bleed within a week.

Dreading it.

Kannet Mon 10-Jul-17 16:26:40

I'm so sorry. Believe me I have been where you are. It gets easier

jessica1303 Mon 10-Jul-17 17:18:56

Thank you, I look forward to it getting easier.

BiggerBoatNeeded Mon 10-Jul-17 17:35:37

Sorry to read this. I have been in a similar position and it was devastating but after being able to stop the drugs I did at least feel I could move on a bit.

Please don't beat yourself up about testing before OTD, I have actually found it useful to know I had a chemical pregnancy (although both times I was still testing faintly but clearly positivity on OTD, so couldn't be argued it was the trigger) because it flagged up something odd was going on for me after implantation. Testing positive in the way that you did seems quite unlikely to have been the trigger (which should have got consistently weaker from trigger day, not stronger initially) and was more likely an very early pregnancy loss. Take care you yourself and good luck with your next steps flowers

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 11-Jul-17 22:53:34

sorry it was negative, benn where you are 4 times, it hurts but does get easier

hope you find the strength to try again

you wont bleed till stop pesseries

we did and 5th time lucky is our daughter 15w today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now