Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding just 3 days after embryo transfer... any advice?

(19 Posts)
PercyPeculiar Thu 22-Jun-17 20:35:46

Please help me be less miserable... I had two blastocysts transferred this Monday for an ICSI cycle. Today (3dp5dt) I've had light bleeding. It started off as just a bit of spotting, and is now enough that I need to change my pants IYSWIM. Some brown, some pink.

Is this game over - already? Am feeling a bit awful.

zzzzz Thu 22-Jun-17 20:41:33

Just wait. I know it's excruciating but it's all there is at this stage.brew

fabulous01 Thu 22-Jun-17 20:47:45

Far too early. Could be implantation but all being well you have 9 months of waiting ahead so my advice is take one hurdle at a time

PercyPeculiar Thu 22-Jun-17 20:56:26

Is it not a bit early for implantation?

I just can't believe it....3 days! I feel like I've just got back from the embryo transfer confused.

PercyPeculiar Fri 23-Jun-17 07:12:47

Just bumping in case anyone else can help.

zzzzz Fri 23-Jun-17 07:40:23

Hang in there. I think I'd worry if it kept going but ignore if not.

Shellsandstones1 Fri 23-Jun-17 07:46:37

Transfer can sometimes nick the lining of the womb, so spotting afterwards isn't uncommon. Also, irritating the womb lining at transfer can set off a positive immune response, aiding implantation.

I cramped and bled both times after transfer, and both cycles worked! Very best of luck! X

Uktopia Fri 23-Jun-17 07:58:49

If you're using progesterone pessaries, the blood could also be from an irritated cervix.

PercyPeculiar Fri 23-Jun-17 10:11:37

Thanks all. That's encouraging Shell!

It seems darker red this morning though and I'm not sure it could still be called spotting. The progesterone is going in via the back door (sorry tmi Uktopia) so unfortunately it's not even irritation from that. I think I may try and call the hospital now.

bumpsadaisy11 Fri 23-Jun-17 10:31:37

Sorry to hear that you are having a tough time of it 😞
I had ivf & icsi for my youngest ds. I seem to remember some spotting in the early days. Everything worked out well for me, wishing that it will for you too ❤️❤️

broodynmoody Fri 23-Jun-17 11:23:13

It could be anything right OP it's best just to wait. My nurse said implantation can take a day to 5 days. So hang in there

madolddogwoman40 Fri 23-Jun-17 11:47:49

It's so scary isn't it - and I used to want to slap people who said things like this, but the only time I had post transfer bleeding was the time it actually worked! And I bled so much (started 3 days post transfer & carried on for 3 weeks) I had to be forced to test as I "knew" I couldn't possibly be pregnant. She's currently throwing an impressive diva strop because the dog sat next to her 😆 Good luck.

PercyPeculiar Fri 23-Jun-17 16:46:25

Wow - thank you all. That's given me hope! I was all out of hope and went to bed as was feeling so down.

The hospital said the same - just wait, there's no telling yet. It could be that one of the embryos has failed (they transferred two), or it could still be hopeful. I had really given up. Thanks so much for your encouraging words. At least I can feel a bit less miserable now, which is better than I was before!

Shellsandstones1 Fri 23-Jun-17 23:42:37

The hardest part of ivf was the 2ww! Hang in there!

geeup Wed 05-Jul-17 19:20:35

What happened Percy? I hope it was the mythical implantation bleeding!

PercyPeculiar Wed 05-Jul-17 19:34:48

Geeup unfortunately it was a BFN. Just one big period bleed (8 days!) that started just 3 days after the transfer. No idea why that would happens and the hospital was a bit mystefied too.

At least I can drink coffee again!

PercyPeculiar Wed 05-Jul-17 19:35:12

Scuse typo blush

geeup Wed 05-Jul-17 21:29:53

I'm really sorry. I hope you have a lovely coffee and that when you're ready to try again, you're more successful next time. I started bleeding at 5dp5dt last cycle and got a bfn too. Desperately hoping this cycle the bleeding stays away!!

fabulous01 Wed 05-Jul-17 22:04:22

Have you had level 1s tested? You may need aspirin or clexane. I had to take a print out for gp but I bled early and had multiple IVF failures. I had the condition which meant I was on both clexane and aspirin... and although it was only 1 of many things I now have twins. Have a look on fertility friends and do research as gps won't have all the answers.
But hugs. It is a hard journey which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now