Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How soon did you do a FET after OHSS?

(7 Posts)
Avocadosmoothie Fri 02-Jun-17 11:03:22

Hello, if you get OHSS in an IVF cycle and have to freeze embryos, how soon after can you do a FET?

I'm sure I was told 'one cycle' at my information evening but im not sure if that means the next immediate cycle e.g FET around 4 weeks after egg collection or the cycle after that and FET around 8 weeks after egg collection.

Does anyone have experience of this? Thanks

HawkeyeInConfusion Fri 02-Jun-17 22:43:56

I had to wait at least a couple of cycles. And had an ultrasound scan of my ovaries before I could start my next round of treatment.

Avocadosmoothie Fri 02-Jun-17 23:15:07

Hi Hawk! Did you have particularly bad OHSS or was that standard protocol? When did your OHSS kick in and how long was it painful for? Thanks

HawkeyeInConfusion Mon 05-Jun-17 18:09:09

Sorry for the delay. Hectic weekend.

My ohss was mild (I believe). It was diagnosed at egg collection (although everyone knew there were a lot of follicles in the days running up to that). I had to have a freeze all. I then had to take buserilyn(I think? It was a while ago) injections until my period started. I didn't feel at all bad. Bit sore, but more fed up than anything.

I have no idea whether the subsequent ovary scan is standard practice. But I think it probably was for my clinic.

All the best.

Avocadosmoothie Mon 05-Jun-17 18:33:38

Thanks for the info! How many follicles did you have? I have a count of 34 on a normal month so suspect I will be susceptible!

HawkeyeInConfusion Mon 05-Jun-17 21:32:39

I'm afraid I can't remember how many there were. But 34 sounds like a good haul. I hope you get some good ones in there.

stealthbanana Tue 06-Jun-17 12:25:04

I just waited for my period post EC and then started the FET. I had "mild" ohss - it didn't feel fucking mild but it didn't require medicla treatment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now