Talk

Advanced search

Experiences of treatment in Prague

(11 Posts)
harry78 Wed 31-May-17 17:36:16

Hi everyone. I am doing some research pending a discussion with my consultant, about what might be our treatment options. We are considering going abroad if we do need treatment and are narrowing it down to clinics in Prague purely based on ease of flights from our home in the Midlands. Does anyone have experience of the clinics in Prague and if so which would you recommend please? Thanks so much in advance xx

blue2014 Wed 31-May-17 21:53:05

I went to Brno rather than Prague but highly recommend the fertility friends website instead - you'll get loads of info there

harry78 Wed 31-May-17 22:28:15

Thanks blue I've had a look but find it pretty difficult to navigate...

blue2014 Thu 01-Jun-17 10:07:06

I haven't been on in ages but it should be under each country, then each city, then each clinic. You won't get as many specific responses here but you can post on any clinic page and people will reply

Scottishgirl85 Thu 01-Jun-17 15:45:33

We're also with the Brno clinic called Reprofit. In fact I'm in Brno now recovering from egg collection this morning! Prague is better location wise, you need to book fairly last minute and the flight to Brno was fully booked, so we had to fly to Prague and then get a 2.5hour train to Brno. In saying that, you would only need to come out once per cycle. We're here for 8 days to cover egg collection and embryo transfer. So if I were you, I'd base your choice on success rates, which clinic clicks for you etc, rather than flights, although obviously an easy journey does reduce the stress factor.
Good luck x

Scottishgirl85 Thu 01-Jun-17 15:48:24

With regards to fertility friends, I agree harry, I can't get my head around it and would struggle to keep up with all the posts and remember who is at what stage to wish them good luck etc!

DrSpin Thu 01-Jun-17 15:51:33

I have a 6 month old after a sucessful trip to reprofit in brno. Only had one cycle of ivf - I'd highly recommend them.
We flew to vienna and got the bus up to brno.

blue2014 Thu 01-Jun-17 21:15:16

@Scottishgirl85 hope it's going ok?

@DrSpin - we must have been there around the same time, I have a nearly 6 month old from 1st round at Reprofit too smile

Ficidy Sat 03-Jun-17 15:22:08

I have 2 kids from Gennet in Prague. Best clinic ever. It's in the city centre, so very handy for accommodation and for entertainment between trips to the clinic. They are super advanced over there. It's an excellent clinic.

Scottishgirl85 Sat 03-Jun-17 18:03:32

Hi Blue! Currently enjoying exploring Brno before embryo transfer on Tuesday. Having a lovely time and keep forgetting why we're here! Loved the clinic. 11 fertilised embryos on day 1, will get another update tomorrow which is day 3. Fingers crossed the numbers don't drop too dramatically at each stage... Hope you're well x

blue2014 Sat 03-Jun-17 18:59:45

That's brilliant Scottish smile - fingers crossed for you (I only got 2 fertilised eggs and DS is one of them!)

I bet Brno is quite nice is the sunshine (we went in March, cold and boring!) we did take a day trip to Prague though which was lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now