Talk

Advanced search

Blood test results - IVF

(11 Posts)
Peachy1087 Wed 10-May-17 11:56:06

Hi, I was wondering if somebody could please help me with some information with regards to my blood test results.
I have been TTC with my husband now for 4 years and due to start our first (and hopefully only) treatment of IVF next month. I am 29 years old and have a healthy BMI of 25.
I have been diagnosed with subclinical PCOS.
My FSH is 5.2 & my AMH is 35.8. An ultrasound scan showed antral follicle count to be 8 on the right ovary and 4 on the left ovary.
I am unsure as to whether these results are poor or not, especially the antral follicle count being just 4 on my left ovary?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

broodynmoody Wed 10-May-17 12:23:46

Hello sorry i have no idea but didnt want to read and run.
I have PCO and on my baseline scan they indentified 19 on one ovary and 21 on the other so im a bit confused as to why your count is only 4 when you have PCOS confused

numberseven Wed 10-May-17 12:31:07

FSH and AMH are both OK. Antral follicle count seems low for PCOS?

Peachy1087 Wed 10-May-17 12:35:50

Thank you for your replies. I was supposed to type PCO in the first message not PCOS. I only went to the clinic yesterday and they did not explain things to me very well so I am going to book an appointment with the doctor to go through it all properly.

JoJoSM2 Wed 10-May-17 14:57:14

Doesn't seem that PCO... My count was 18 and I'm not PCO, although my FSH and AMH are both a bit lower (3.5 and 27). Do you know your LH level?

Peachy1087 Wed 10-May-17 15:20:09

No I don't know what my LH level is. I have read the letter that has been sent to my doctor from the clinic and that is where I got the info from. They hadn't even really explained to me about my results at the clinic because they were running really behind and rushed through everything. Can you please tell me when PCO actually is as I've not even heard of it before I read the letter and why it seems strange to have such low antral follicle if I have PCO?
Thanks

JoJoSM2 Wed 10-May-17 16:00:48

PCO is when you have lots of antral follicules that are partially mature but without the hormonal imbalances of PCOS. So not really a problem. From what my clinic told me, the antral follicle count is an indication of how many eggs they might collect. I'm no expert but your count seems normal for your age? So it doesn't sound like anything to worry about.

Peachy1087 Wed 10-May-17 16:55:45

Thank you JoJoSM2

Osirus Wed 10-May-17 16:58:31

My AFC was 7 on each ovary, I think. My treatment worked, so low numbers doesn't mean anything.

JoJoSM2 Wed 10-May-17 21:00:44

I don't that low at all - it's a very good count ;)

Peachy1087 Fri 12-May-17 13:54:40

Thank you both :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now