Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

May 3rd - Patient Information Evening at Guys Hospital

(7 Posts)
user1470147116 Tue 09-May-17 14:24:51

Did anyone else attend this evening lecture at 6pm?

Is there a support group for people wanting to meet and chat who are doing the IVF this Summer?

Isthismummy Thu 11-May-17 10:28:27

I went to one in November last year OP.

Tbh it is incredibly basic. They don't tell you anything about the ivf procedure that you couldn't read in book. Also very limited health advice. Don't smoke, don't drink too much, take folic acid...that's it!

Having said that we were treated really badly at Guys, so I'm not their biggest advocate. Are you NHS or private?

user1470147116 Thu 11-May-17 10:58:54

We are NHS but I assume we would get the same treatment as private?

What was your experience? How were you treated badly?

Isthismummy Thu 11-May-17 11:41:33

Unfortunately in my case the.y cancelled my IVF the day before I was due to start. They did a final blood test which revealed my fsh was really high and they told me I was pre menopausal. They already knew I had very low Amh, but hadn't tested my fsh at all in the proceeding five months. I personally found their attitude very one size fits all and my concerns weren't really listened too. I mentioned being worreed about my irregular cycles at every appointment and nobody really listened to me.

Having said that your milage may vary and hopefully will be fine if you're a more straightforward case. Just ensure to ask LOTS of questions and don't let them fob you off. Good lucksmile

Isthismummy Thu 11-May-17 11:43:07

I'm just very traumatised by the whole experience I had there, so probably not looking at it from a neutral perspective.

JoJoSM2 Thu 11-May-17 18:17:55

Hi ;) I'm doing IVF this summer but at a different clinic and privately as we've lost out in the NHS postcode lottery. My egg collection and transfer should happen at the end of July. Do you have any timescales?

meadowlark3 Sun 14-May-17 10:40:22

Hi user, we are with guys on the NHS. I don't know of any support groups (they do offer counselling) but would be happy to chat if you like! I have had a bit of experience there and feel positive about it so far.
Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now