Talk

Advanced search

Success after ectopic?

(5 Posts)
willbeslimagain Sat 06-May-17 14:44:15

I had an ectopic pregnancy in March from my second round of menopur injectables. Fortunately it miscarried itself so I still have my tube but I'm terrified of having another one and not sure if moving to ivf is safer.

Would be great to hear from anyone who has been through this. I know I can get pregnant via iui as have my son as a result a few years ago. I have an hsg booked for 2 weeks time too.

Thankyou x

TheMShip Sat 06-May-17 14:55:54

I had an ectopic pregnancy about ten years ago. I wasn't lucky - I didn't know I was pregnant, it ruptured, I almost died, and I lost the tube. I now have an almost 5yo DS and a 14 month DD. Both conceived first cycle ttc. I also had an early miscarriage just before DD, also first cycle ttc. DH is getting a vasectomy this summer, the family joke is we'd have ten kids if I had both tubes. Plenty of hope!

TheMShip Sat 06-May-17 14:59:47

Oh yikes, just realized where this was posted! I really hope I haven't made anyone upset about the first cycle thing. I knew after losing one tube I might have to go through ivf to conceive, and I know how lucky I am that I didn't. flowers to everyone going through this.

purpleprincess24 Sat 06-May-17 15:53:33

I've had two ectopic pregnancies and I lost both tubes.

The first was an Emergeny, we were in Cyprus and I didn't know I was pregnant until I collapsed and was rushed to hospital. My tube had ruptured and I had peritonitis, I was extremely ill and was in intensive care for five days. Our two week holiday turned into six weeks.

Eighteen months later I had another ectopic, however this time I was hospitalised immediately when there was no sign of a heartbeat. My tube was removed a week later.

This was twenty five years and ivf was really only in its infancy. I had three eggs transferred back and I had one perfect little boy

meadowlark3 Tue 16-May-17 21:23:41

@willibeslimagain, IVF was originally meant for women with tubal factor infertility, so the chances of having a pregnancy via IVF after the loss of a tube are pretty good. IVF though is a risk for ectopic, as when they place the embryo back in the womb, it goes quite high and can float into the tube!

How long have you been TTC?

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now