Talk

Advanced search

ARGC cost

(13 Posts)
Lillylooks Fri 05-May-17 19:08:55

Hi are there any ladies that can share the true full cost of treatment after a full cycle of IVF at ARGC? My costs are seriously mounting up! Would love to hear positive realistic outcomes and prices please!

Thank you

Dannygirl Fri 05-May-17 21:08:33

Hi I must admit I didn't keep records because I didn't really want to know! But it was certainly £10k+ and that was for a frozen cycle so no egg collection! However I did have the immunes tests and treatments which are very expensive. Am sure someone will be along soon who was more diligent in keeping records! Or there's a dedicated ARGC forum on Fertility Friends. Good luck x

applespearsbears Fri 05-May-17 21:14:13

Hi
I had a full cycle with all the immune tests and transfusion up to 6 months and including £1k on travel costs it was around £15k, 5 years ago. The ivf itself was a standard price it's was all the orhet tests and treatments that added the cost.

Landy10 Sat 06-May-17 04:41:37

It's so expensive and they aren't very good at communicating on cost - it's just expected that you'll have the money for all the tests. It's not what you'll want to hear but we spent about £18k on our fresh cycle that ended in miscarriage and then a further £15k on FET which ended with twins. However I had a lot of IVIG - maybe 7 or even 8 in total

Lillylooks Sun 07-May-17 10:23:50

Hi thank you for sharing its always good to know! I think so far we have spent £7000 and are on day 7! So I'm guessing minimum £14000! They are not good at giving costs bit before I started they said anything between 10-16k! 😱 Wish me luck! Xx

farfallarocks Sun 07-May-17 11:52:46

£15-25 depending on immune I think. I agree they are terrible about being up front on costs and quite focused on the money in my experience. The sound of the card machine is a constant buzz in the waiting room!

Lillylooks Sun 07-May-17 14:53:35

Yes card machine constant! Lol LANDY what is FET? Frozen cycle? X

Lillylooks Sun 07-May-17 14:54:33

Can anyone share what their NK CELLS were or cytokines were please?

Landy10 Sun 07-May-17 15:55:08

Fet is a frozen embryo transfer - so when you have leftover blastos from fresh cycle.
My cytokines pre cycling were always in the 30s but during fresh cycle they went up somewhere in low 40s. Can't remember about nks but they were high too.

Lillylooks Tue 09-May-17 21:44:06

Thanks for replying mine are high at the moment but putting it down to treatment!

Hobbes39 Fri 19-May-17 18:01:27

Hi, can I ask you all whether you think treatment at the ARGC would be doable if you don't live in london? We have a frozen embryo at our current clinic, but if that doesn't work I'm looking at other clinics to do a fresh & probably final round and see that ARGC has great stats... so trying to figure out if a. We can afford it, but also b. If we can get the money whether it's actually practical. We have relatives I could stay with for a couple of weeks, but would be tricky to be away from home longer than that... thanks!

Landy10 Fri 19-May-17 20:16:04

I live in London so possibly not the best person to ask but will give my knowledge as I met ladies who were staying for the treatment duration as opposed to living in London.
You would need to travel down a few times prior to commencing treatment (the number of times would vary dependent upon immune testing results and treatment). These trips would be for a blood test or a drip (would take less than half a day).
During stims you would need to be in London all the time. If you got a +ve test you would need to stay for another 10 days or so until scan.
Hope that helps!

Lillylooks Fri 19-May-17 21:39:05

Hi yes I met women from all over the world there. You will need to be for there for a few odd appointments before you start. When you start it will be about 3 weeks. Stay in with family would be perfect if you have that option. I've just finished a round of IVF there it's intense but they are really great people and have good results! Go for it! And best of luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now