Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

IVF abroad - any advice or experience I can pass on to friend?

(4 Posts)
pinkunicornsarefluffy Fri 05-May-17 18:26:10

My friend has one child and cannot conceive again. They have to go private for IVF as our NHS will not do it free if you have one child already.

She has mentioned the possibility of going abroad, but is unsure how it works. Her questions are:

Do you need to go more than once for treatment etc prior to implantation?

How many days do you need to stay there?

How much cheaper than UK is it?

Which country is best? Prague has been mentioned so far.

Any personal advice or experience would be gratefully received.

Scottishgirl85 Fri 05-May-17 19:04:49

I'm cycling now with Reprofit in Czech republic. It's scarily easy!
Got all initial tests and scans on NHS (you need these for them to personalise treatment)
Everything has been done over email so far. Ordered drugs from fertility 2u online.
We'll only go to Czech once for about 8 days to cover egg collection and embryo transfer.
It's looking like it will cost £3500 including flights and accommodation. Half the price of UK as we're near London so £££££
Good luck to your friend x

Veinarde Wed 10-May-17 12:20:59

I am going to Klinikk Hausken in Norway. Really like their service, clinic and doctors are amazing. Their IVF/ ICSI cost £2000. Definitely recommend

Veinarde Wed 10-May-17 12:25:04

You need to go there once before the treatment for scans and consultation where you get your protocol sorted. Dr. wants to make sure they have all info.
Also we wanted to visit Norway so we won't get bored there. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now