Talk

Advanced search

OvuSense

(6 Posts)
Rockhopper81 Thu 27-Apr-17 22:45:32

Hi,

Anybody have an experience of OvuSense?

And ad post came up on Facebook - you can tell I've been looking at fertility sites! - and it intrigued me.

Obviously I've read through the site, but I was wondering if anybody had any experience or further information on it really.

Thanks in advance. smile

mrskittenpie Fri 28-Apr-17 19:53:04

Hi
I use it. I'm on my fifth cycle with it now. It seems good and it will tell you when you have ovulated. It hasn't helped me get pregnant but then a miracle is needed for that. I would recommend it though - you sync the ovusense with the app on your phone and it draws the temperature chart for you.

Pugmummy87 Fri 28-Apr-17 22:32:25

Hi I use ovusense.
First month of using it, it confirmed ovulation and I got a bfp, although sadly miscarried at 5 weeks.

In the 3 cycles since my miscarriage, it hasn't confirmed. Confirming what I and the doctors know, that I don't ovulate regularly enough. No surprise since I have pcos.

I temped before using a regular bbt thermometer, but found I kept forgetting to take it first thing in the morning. With ovusense, it's so much easier as I put the sensor in overnight, remove when I get up in the morning and then download the data into the app.

Rockhopper81 Fri 28-Apr-17 22:52:22

Thanks both for your messages, it sounds like it might be worth giving it a go then.

Pugmummy - sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I have PCOS too and am hoping this might help somewhat, particularly since I will be looking at using donor sperm too. I hope you get another ovulation and resulting BFP soon.

Mrskittenpie - I suspect I will need a miracle too, but anything that might assist that miracle is worth a shot!

Thanks again. smile

Whenwillwe3meetagain Mon 29-May-17 16:59:14

Sorry but late to this thread. I have PCOS and after a month of using it I was pregnant! I ovulated on day 28- couldn't recommend this highly enough. Used in conjunction with metformin and inositol and have a BMI of 30. This is DC2 for me. Recommend!!

Rockhopper81 Mon 29-May-17 19:22:35

Whenwillwe - amazing news, congratulations!!

I started using it a few days ago (purchased to use following my next period - at the time - and that turned out to be stupidly long in length, hence the delay).

Fingers crossed it shows that I do actually ovulate. I have an appointment with the gynaecologist next week, so hoping he'll prescribe metformin. I'm using up the OPK sticks I have left, still no signs with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now