Talk

Advanced search

Preparing for FET

(3 Posts)
Hobbes39 Tue 25-Apr-17 15:37:26

Hi - we have had 2 unsuccessful rounds of ivf now, but have one frozen embryo from our last round which we are looking to try with in July. So I am trying to figure out what we can do to increase our chances with this precious embryo. It's a 3BB so pretty average, so I feel I need to do everything I can to help it stick - so,
Does anyone know of any foods / supplement they'd recommend for FET? I don't seem to have a problem with getting a thick lining (if anything it's overly thick 15-16mm) but I do seem to have a problem with keeping it there very long as I always bleed early and have a short luteal phase normally. Any advice gratefully received - I have 2.5 months to get myself ready! TIA x

icy121 Tue 25-Apr-17 18:59:52

Have you spoken to the clinic and asked the doc/nurse what they recommend? I'd be very way taking advice off the internet - you might end up with well meaning but ultimately clueless idiots advising all sorts of herbs and stuff which are unlikely to work as a best case.

Have a think about your general health. Bmi normal, are you relatively fit, do you eat NHS-sensibly? Other issues - have you got PCOS or any other hormonal disorders? Diabetes? Do you have any allergies? Just... normal sensible stuff really. Sorry that's very boring.

What you can do to pep yourself up is read around FET success vs fresh. we ended up doing a FET cycle after abandoning fresh due to OHSS - I found mentally/physically it was so much less tough. We did a long protocol cycle (skewed by holidays so ended up taking buserelin for over a month) but I felt my body was lovely and inert, and then we slowly built up the lining. It all felt so much more controlled than the ivf with the stimming. More and more clinics are doing freeze all as standard for that reason - more control and as and when a blasto "takes", there's a higher chance of a live birth. Good luck with it all - - that's what we all need really. A bit of glitter shit (the infertility antidote to baby dust) x

Hobbes39 Tue 25-Apr-17 20:36:09

Thanks icy - I take your point about being wary taking advice off the Internet, and i would always check things out and check with doctor to make sure I didn't do anything harmful, but my clinic haven't said anything at all, but I know some do and was wondering if anyone had found any advice useful.
We are unexplained secondary infertility, so no PCOS, no diabetes, I'm slap bang in the middle of the normal bmi, no allergies, so nothing obviously wrong with me other than being older... (40). It's so frustrating, so I guess I'm clutching at straws but I'll investigate anything that someone can suggest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now