Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HELP - everything has gone wrong

(4 Posts)
oiaue Mon 24-Apr-17 21:57:26

Hello

Struggling to know where to place this message - adoption? Donor? Infertility?

Twins were a stillbirth and a neonatal death. Then an early miscarriage five months later. TTC for a few months last year before asking for the help that was freely offered without needing to have gone through many months of failure because of my age and history of loss.

So, we launch into the months of investigations in prep for IVF, get to the crunch and NOW the husband leaves.

As if that wasn't bad enough, there's something 'lurking' in my womb and I'm waiting for an MRI, possibly a hysteroscopy after that.

I'm 41. What are my chances? I want to be a mum more than I want him back in my life (which is never going to happen anyway). How can I do this alone?

I can take some harsh realities - plenty of those around. But dear oh dear, I wish there was some true hope out there too. False hope, you can keep.

Thank you in advance...

AgentProvocateur Mon 24-Apr-17 21:58:42

No answers, sorry but flowers for you.

theresamustgo Mon 24-Apr-17 22:09:41

Sounds really hard. Women do do it alone. I haven't, but I did have my DC later than your age now. I think there are support groups you could get access to. Maybe try the older mothers thread here.

comehomemax Mon 24-Apr-17 22:46:19

I'm so sorry, you've had a really tough time. You mentioned adoption in your OP so I'm just going to touch on that. Yes, it's perfectly possible to adopt as a single parent however you would need space and time to heal before going down that route. However if it's something you may consider in the future, pop over to the adoption boards and we can help with any questions or worries on the process. Your age is not an issue at all - it's pretty standard in the adoption world.

Good luck OP, infertility is gruelling. Take good care of yourself at this tough time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now