Talk

Advanced search

Pill before short protocol

(4 Posts)
Scottishgirl85 Sat 22-Apr-17 23:11:54

I'm due CD1 any day now and will be starting the pill in order to 'schedule' the timing of my short protocol for this cycle. I'm going abroad for ivf so we thought it would be better this way so we can plan slighty ahead and book flights etc. I don't quite understand though, will I be doing 21 days of pill, wait for bleed and then start stimulating on CD2? I know I have to start stims on day 2, it's just how that fits with the pill that I'm not sure of. If my thinking is correct, I still won't know in advance what day I'll be starting stims, as it will depend when my bleed after pill will be??
I'd be grateful of any advice! Thanks! x

broodynmoody Sun 23-Apr-17 17:27:18

I'm on long protocol so I don't know for definite, but I'm guessing you stop taking the pill, wait your period then contact the nurses and book your baseline scan. If everything looks okay, they'll tell you to start the Stims.

Rogue1234 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:27:41

I did exactly the same but my clinic gave me a specific day to start my stims, regardless of when my period actually started. It was 6 days after my final pill and did happen to be on CD2.

I had a day 21 scan (so last day of the pill) when they confirmed the day to start stims, will you be having one of those? If not, can you give the clinic a ring to clarify?

Scottishgirl85 Mon 24-Apr-17 18:26:08

Thanks!! My clinic is in Czech republic so it's all been over email. I'm sure it will be clear once I email to say I've started pill. My coordinator has said at that point she can plan exact days, but I like to know things in advance! She mentioned minimum of 16 days on the pill and I can choose the dates, but I'd rather be told to make sure it's an optimal cycle! Currently waiting for CD1, it's late but I'm not letting it mock me by peeing on a stick, ha!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now