Talk

Advanced search

IVF clinic in London for oldies like me?

(7 Posts)
user1488564523 Sat 22-Apr-17 06:48:16

I have 2 boys conceived naturally (4 and 6 years ago) but we have been struggling for a third baby for some time. At the age of 42, we decided to do IVF to maximize success. We have done 2 cycles in USA with good success in terms of response to medication but the embryos were abnormal each time (due to my age, according to the drs). We are moving to London from California next month. I am now 43. Can anyone recommend a good clinic for older women with poor egg quality due to age? We will try one or two more times and put this to rest. We have decided that cost is not an issue. Thanks so much.

Fishface199 Sat 22-Apr-17 13:33:39

I think ARGC has the best succes rate but it is very very intense. Just google "ARGC" for more details.

Check put this page for clinics near your new address and when you click on the links you can find individual success rates for age groups:

guide.hfea.gov.uk/guide/SearchResults.aspx

Fishface199 Sat 22-Apr-17 13:34:15

*check out

user1488564523 Sun 23-Apr-17 00:40:56

Thanks so much. I will do.

sparechange Sun 23-Apr-17 00:43:27

Argc has the best results but may not treat you if you have low AMH (ovarian reserve)

Get your AMH tested and if it is below the ARGC threshhold, look at natural cycles at Create

Good luck flowers

laurelstar Sun 23-Apr-17 06:22:32

We've had excellent care from the Bridge Centre at London Bridge. Mr Summers is their consultant for pre-Implantation genetic screening and IVF. Good luck!

Landy10 Sun 23-Apr-17 10:26:49

Argc don't treat dependent on amh. They like you to have fsh lower than 10 on cycling month (although I know of people who have cycled with higher). They will recommend natural ivf if fsh consistently above 10.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now