Talk

Advanced search

IVF week 1 qu

(6 Posts)
Avocadosmoothie Thu 20-Apr-17 19:17:38

Hi, I was wondering if someone who has had IVF long protocol could help me?

We've got dates to start IVF and it is looking like my CD2-8 of the month we would retrieve eggs fall when we're due to be on holiday.

I absolutely would cancel this holiday with no hesitation but I'm wondering if I can just shorten it instead? How often will I have to be at the clinic on CDs2-8?

Thanks

eurochick Thu 20-Apr-17 19:20:45

Why not ask to put it back a month or two and enjoy your holiday? We did that for other reasons and the clinic was fine.

Avocadosmoothie Thu 20-Apr-17 19:31:29

We can't wait any longer smile

The holiday isn't that important to us and we're happy to cancel if needed but just wondering if we can do part of it.

eurochick Thu 20-Apr-17 21:06:28

It will depend on the clinic. I think my clinic scanned me every other day during stimming so being away for the dates you mention would have been problematic. Give your clinic a call and see what they say.

BiggerBoatNeeded Thu 20-Apr-17 21:18:11

Just to check, do you mean days 2-8 of yours menstrual cycle or days 2-8 of your treatment? And if the latter do you mean days 2-8 of stims? I did long protocol so down regulated and had my baseline scan after 2 weeks of buserelin and then I was scanned on day 6 of the stimulation and then every few days (3/4) after that scan.

On the other hand if it is days 2-8 of your mentrual cycle then treatment for long protocol doesn't usually start until day 21. Not sure about short though.

geeup Fri 21-Apr-17 19:25:25

What she says ^^
If you're doing long protocol, you'll start injecting on Day 21 of your cycle to downreg. I had a scan the day before I started stimming i.e. 15 days after starting downregging. Then I started having scans every other day till egg collection.
So basically the first couple of weeks of your cycle, if you're counting from starting downregging, is fine to go on your hols. Enjoy it as my clinic don't advise airplane travel after embryo transfer till OTD and then until after 12 weeks if you're successful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now