Talk

Advanced search

Great Fertility clinic in London

(33 Posts)
Dalesgirl16 Mon 17-Apr-17 17:06:48

I am looking for recommendations for excellent fertility clinics in London. I remember reading on here, a couple of years ago, about a great clinic in London that offered very personalised treatments and advice, and had great success rates. I cant remember its nameWe werent ready to try then but are now. Please let me know if you can recommend a clinic you have attended. Thank you.

Katelocks Mon 17-Apr-17 17:10:34

I highly recommend Zita West in Marylebone. Not cheap but excellent advice.

BiggerBoatNeeded Mon 17-Apr-17 17:41:20

I think you're thinking of ARGC with the excellent success rates OP.

Dalesgirl16 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:28:15

Hi. Thanks. I have heard of Zita West. I will look up the other one. I wish I could remember who it was. Several people on here said they gave very detailed, personalised treatment and advice beyond just the medication.

Dalesgirl16 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:32:09

I have just read the most awful newspaper article about treatment at ARGC! Definitely not the one I'm thinking of.

Chlo22 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:37:14

Hi dales we've been recommended to the lister, was it that one?

Dalesgirl16 Mon 17-Apr-17 23:25:25

I don't know, I wish I knew! People were saying this clinic gave very tailored advice beyond the medication hence its success rate.

Katelocks Tue 18-Apr-17 00:50:59

I don't know if Zita West is the one you're thinking of but they certainly gave me very tailored advice and a plan which included diet, acupuncture and advice for my DH.

After my hormone test results came back, which showed my LH levels being very high, they told me that no reputable IVF program would take me on. Whilst this was very upsetting it also meant that I didn't start an expensive round of treatment with a low chance of success.

In any case, 2 months later, following their advice I conceived naturally my DD.

outputgap Tue 18-Apr-17 01:06:01

Please use the hfea data. For example, IVF success rates for two of the clinics mentioned above, for women under 35: for the Lister 43%; for ARGC 67%.

These statistics really matter. I have seen women do 7 or more expensive, heartbreaking cycles at clinics with success rates in the low 20s, and I have wanted to scream.

I am a happy Lister patient, but I would very very seriously consider ARGC. That newspaper article doesn't reflect the stats, the experiences of people I know, and the advice of someone at Zita West (before they started doing their own IVF programme). ARGC do the most individually tailored programme of any clinic I know. Don't write them off.

If you go to a bog standard clinic you have about a 30% chance of walking out with a baby, at ARGC you have more than double that.

Dalesgirl16 Tue 18-Apr-17 09:54:13

Thanks for your replies. I will try to research more about ARGC as that article was quite damning. It wasn't Zita West that I was thinking of. I know of her, of course. I have read a book by her.

BiggerBoatNeeded Tue 18-Apr-17 10:25:29

Perhaps you could start a new thread on here asking for any personal experiences of argc? Also on the fertility friends forum a lot of women have been there so worth looking for some posts there too?

Dalesgirl16 Tue 18-Apr-17 14:47:18

Thank you! I will do!

BiggerBoatNeeded Tue 18-Apr-17 15:05:45

Here's a link to the FF thread where people discuss cycling with argc: www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=347005.0
Sounds really intense but the success rates are attractive. We live too far away to really consider it though.

Dalesgirl16 Thu 20-Apr-17 22:49:32

Thanks, I don't know the site. Will have a look.

Dalesgirl16 Fri 21-Apr-17 08:26:04

I can't afford ARGC at 30k a cycle. Please can I have other recommendations?

Landy10 Fri 21-Apr-17 11:14:44

Dales - argc adds up if you need the immune treatment (which i realise many do) but if say your issue was male factor argc would be significantly less expensive.
I can't say how much lister or zita west is but I'd imagine not that much cheaper. We spend £40k had 2 pregnancies with the first ending in miscarriage at 8 weeks. Second resulted in twins who are 5 months. BUT I had 7 IVIG drips at £1500 a pop.

Dalesgirl16 Fri 21-Apr-17 15:59:16

Thanks. I have no idea what ivig drips are . Lots to learn! A friend said her ivf only cost £8k?

farfallarocks Fri 21-Apr-17 21:48:26

Just beware of Argc stats though, they are not what they seem (i.e. Double the success of any other clinic) as if you are. It responding well you mysteriously have your embryo transfer at another clinic in their network and you are not counted in the official stats. They are still a great clinic but if you are choosing them based on stats alone then you need to also look at the stats of the Rgi, their other clinic as you have no idea
Where you will end up.

farfallarocks Fri 21-Apr-17 21:48:55

That should say not responding

EarlGreyT Sat 22-Apr-17 01:07:44

if you are choosing them based on stats alone then you need to also look at the stats of the Rgi, their other clinic as you have no idea Where you will end up.

This!

The RGI is run by the same consultant which if he had all the answers as some argc patients would have you believe, the RGI stats would be equally impressive.

The other thing to bear in mind re the argc is that they won't let you cycle unless your fsh that month is <10 so they exclude everyone who is likely to be a poor responder and thereby sway their statistics.

As you can tell, I'm not a fan. I went to a consultation there and they pissed me off with their statistical manipulation and I didn't go back.

Dalesgirl16 Sat 22-Apr-17 08:28:03

Where did you go instead earlgrey?

bumbletree Sat 22-Apr-17 08:39:46

I can thoroughly recommend CRGH which is based in Great Portland Street. We have one DD who was conceived naturally after 8 months of TTC. When then TTC DC2 we had no luck for 2 years - we had various tests which all came back fine so were an "unexplained infertility" case. We self-referred ourselves to CRGH based on lots of research and success rate analysis - that was last September. I am now 8 months pregnant after a successful 1st attempt at IUI. Cost was around £2k all in with various tests, meds and the actual procedure. I have heard some feedback to say it's a bit 'one in, one out' in the waiting rooms etc, but I can honestly say we never felt that way - they always had appointments available and every consultant, Doctor, nurse and all other team members were nothing but lovely & personable. We will definitely go straight back to them if we do ever decide to have another DC.

Dalesgirl16 Sat 22-Apr-17 09:18:49

Thanks !

Blueroses99 Sat 22-Apr-17 17:35:45

I got 2 BFPs from Boston Place, I was very impressed with them. They are fairly new so I'm not sure what their stats look like now but I did get a fully tailored plan. Boston Place spun off from IVF Hammersmith, which at the time I was looking was the best NHS in the country. All scans are with a doctor which means nothing is missed (I had issues with nurses missing things in prior failed cycles elsewhere).

laurelstar Sun 23-Apr-17 06:25:33

I can highly recommend the Bridge Centre in London Bridge. They offer pre-Implantation genetic screening, which was very important thank my husband and I after having a miscarriage due to Trisomy 15. Our consultant there recommends it for all patients in their late 30s/40s

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now