Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Frozen transfer?

(7 Posts)
jodybug0908 Tue 11-Apr-17 19:54:49

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but.......I got funding from the NHS for one fresh and one frozen embryo transfer. We don't have the money to go private so NHS only option..just had first unsuccessful ICSI cycle 😭. We got 7 eggs and only 2 had fertilised and did a double embryo transfer. So we had no spares to freeze. Where does that leave us for the next cycle? We had no frozen embryos! Will they cancel the funding or will they let us do another fresh cycle? Really worried!

kizzle Tue 11-Apr-17 20:00:24

If you get 1 fresh and 1 frozen cycle, presumably frozen embryos from the fresh cycle, and you have no Frosties, then I would say that's your funding done?
No harm in asking though x

jodybug0908 Tue 11-Apr-17 21:08:47

That's what I'm afraid of! Totally devastated and can't stop crying. I thought that might be the case. Will have to pray they let me have another fresh cycle.

Scottishgirl85 Tue 11-Apr-17 21:50:11

So sorry you had a failed cycle. Criteria are usually very strict, so I doubt you would be given another fresh, but perhaps would be able to part fund another cycle, with NHS covering the embryo transfer part? I'm sure someone with experience of this will come along.
There are cheaper options for self funding, like going abroad which is what we are doing.
Take care of yourself x

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 11-Apr-17 22:36:25

Same thing happened to my friend

Sad to say that's it. You've had your fresh free go and sadly no frozen so you don't get your fet

Abroad is much cheaper

Don't know your age tho 2/7 does seem low - so if you are nearing late 39's/40 maybe consider de

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 11-Apr-17 22:37:06

Same thing happened to my friend

Sad to say that's it. You've had your fresh free go and sadly no frozen so you don't get your fet

Abroad is much cheaper

Don't know your age tho 2/7 does seem low - so if you are nearing late 39's/40 maybe consider de

jodybug0908 Tue 11-Apr-17 23:07:29

I turn 37 this year. Guess I'll wait to see what they say at the appointment. Hope part funding isn't too much we just can't afford to go private

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now