Talk

Advanced search

Going crazy

(8 Posts)
knrthomas Tue 11-Apr-17 15:56:37

Hi all,

I am new to this site. I have been reading posts for a while and today decided to join as I am feeling like I need some support.
Myself and my husband have been TTC for 4 years now. I have been put on clomid to increase our chances as my DH has a slightly reduced sperm count. They have told us that if 6 months of clomid doesn't work, IVF will be the next step.
I feel like i'm starting to go mad... everywhere i turn people are pregnant and getting pregnant. i have a lot of friends and family that are expecting. The last time i found out my best friend was pregnant after they had an 'accident' i got home after work and went to bed, i just felt so sad like it will never happen for me!
I think the longer it goes the crazier i get. every little symptom in my 2ww i start googling... I know i need to relax about it but i'm struggling.
Does anyone else get like this?
I imagine there is a lot of us! how do you manage to relax and stay positive?
It can feel like a very lonely process at times.
xxx

Veinarde Tue 11-Apr-17 17:14:34

Hi, I have a similar experience... TTC actively for more than 2 years now, have nothing wrong with me according to tests and scans, picture of health. It's absolutely killing me having unexplained diagnosis - I am going crazy reading through forums trying to find any possible reason I can't conceive. I tried all possible supplements, acupuncture, yoga, meditation you name it. To be fair most of the time I am positive- trying to live one day at a time and not thinking too far, not dramatising, doing yoga and meditation really helps with accepting my body and mind as they are. I am trying to create healthier habits and mental state to maximise my changes for the future. Occasionally I snap - like this month, I was just too upset my AF came, I could barely hold my tears.
I am hopeful but also terrified whether the ivf treatment is going to work for us- we are having a treatment in June in Norway (much cheaper than UK).

knrthomas Tue 11-Apr-17 17:35:35

It's heartbreaking isn't it!! I am mostly positive. But I think the clomid affecting my hormones is just sending me loopy with it. The dr had said that since we are both ok (hubbys sperm just a tad low) he is expecting the clomid to work, and just the fact he has said that and it hasn't worked yet I think got my hopes up and I don't have faith it's going to work.
My AF is due Sunday. And I'm in that awful phase of getting my hopes up, I don't think I will get a BFP and so when AF does come I'm going to be gutted!

Ozzyboo Tue 11-Apr-17 17:52:25

Hi knrthomas! And welcome! So pleased you decided to post.. I remember being in your position just a few weeks ago, reading all these strangers chatting amongst them selves and not daring to post! It's one of the best things I ever did! I felt so alone and like no one would ever understand what I was going through (ttc for 3 years, blocked tube left removed due to ectopic). And although I would never wish any of this on my worst enemy.. it's so comforting to know I am not alone in all of this. And even though we cannot cure your infertility, we can share experiences and listen when you're having a bad day! Who knew unloading your woes on so many strangers would make you feel so much better ☺️ x x

knrthomas Wed 12-Apr-17 11:37:32

Thats so true @Ozzyboo
Thank you for replying. I was having a bit off an off day yesterday and both of your comments cheered me up, so thank you. Its just very nice to know we are not alone.
I wish you both the best of luck with everything... lets hope its not long for us smile

xxxx

Ozzyboo Wed 12-Apr-17 20:51:41

Glad to help 😊 good luck with your journey 🙏🏼 x x

kimberleyc Wed 12-Apr-17 22:01:43

Just wanted to say that I totally understand how you feel we have been ttc for over 2.5years for num 2. I have pcos and am on metformin and am about to start clomid again. I feel like I spend my time being happy for other people yet I feel so sad for our situation. One of my close friends has told me this evening that she is pregnant with number two and I can't stop crying which is silly as I am happy for her but it just makes me so sad. I too try to forget it day to day but really it is always there under the surface. Xxx

knrthomas Fri 14-Apr-17 14:30:32

Hi Kimberleyc
Sorry to hear about your friend. I completely understand. I really hope clomid works for you!!
I think it is a wound that we all have under the surface. And I think it's still kind of a taboo subject. Mostly because a lot of people don't understand it. I wish there was more support and discussion in the main about it. This site has started to make me feel a little less alone this week, so I'm grateful for that.

Fingers crossed we all get our good news soon and how much more of a blessing will it feel to us!

Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now