Talk

Advanced search

Clomid question-mature follicle on each side

(20 Posts)
Seacrown Sat 08-Apr-17 20:18:03

Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone can help with a clomid question
TTC18 months, all tests show unexplained and ovulate regularly so consultant trying us on 50mg clomid for 4 months to give us a boost. Took tablets cd 2-6 and had follicle tracking today-cd11
Consultant was pleased it had worked as had a mature follicle on each side (15mm and 16mm) . After extensive googling, I can't see find out if this is better than multiple on one side or worse? Does anyone know? The consultant said both would produce an egg when I get the surge and I think I'm probably just going to drive myself crazy searching but I just wondered if anyone had experience of this!

Many thanks

Icloud54 Sat 08-Apr-17 20:36:49

I have no advice however I am also going in for my tracking on Tuesday and I'm hoping for some good news! This in my first month on clomid and also took it on days 2-6.
Let's hope you catch the egg!

Seacrown Sat 08-Apr-17 20:40:08

Similar timing! ☺️What strength are you on with clomid? It would be good to compare notes when you've had tracking too!!

Icloud54 Sat 08-Apr-17 20:44:08

I have clockwork cycles every month (29 days), ovulate regularly but been ttc 2 years! So the doc is trying me on 50mg for 3 months to see if anything happens. Fingers crossed!
This is my first month so I'm very optimistic!

Seacrown Sat 08-Apr-17 21:14:25

Me too!! How have you found the meds? They made me sleepy and gave me bad skin but other than that I feel pretty lucky

Icloud54 Sat 08-Apr-17 21:18:25

I feel very bloated, slightly moody and a little crampy here and there. Other than I also feel ok. Hoping for some good news on Tuesday.

Seacrown Sat 08-Apr-17 21:18:53

Fingers crossed for you! 👍Let us know how you get on

MmmMalbec Mon 10-Apr-17 18:21:45

No advice but I wanted to tell you I ovulated regularly but had a short LP so took clomid 50mg 2-6 and got pregnant first cycle! Good luck 😊

Icloud54 Tue 11-Apr-17 13:04:16

I've just had my tracking and they are wanting to re-scan me on Thursday as I only had a 9mm and an 11mm. Hoping they are much better bigger on Thursday!

Seacrown Tue 11-Apr-17 15:05:00

Malbec-was that the reason they prescribed clomid? That's really encouraging news! Did you do tracking whilst on it?
iCloud-what day are you on? Were they on the same or different sides? Fingers crossed for you star

Icloud54 Tue 11-Apr-17 15:50:44

I'm on day 10 today. And the 11mm was on my left and the 9mm on the right. What cycle day were you scanned on?

Seacrown Tue 11-Apr-17 16:55:13

Day 11. I'm pretty clueless on follicle sizes but the consultant indicated that was fine. Did they indicate why the size might be? I'm guessing they're expecting bigger on Thursday?

Icloud54 Tue 11-Apr-17 17:45:07

Well as I usually ovulate around day 15-16 anyway the nurse said the follicles matched up to this. As the follicles need to be around 17mm + to pop out of the ovary. So as I'm day 10 today by the time ovulation comes around it will be the right size.
I was just hoping for more follicles really as then I would be more than likely to catch, but there was only 2.

Seacrown Thu 13-Apr-17 16:29:05

How did you get on today iCloud?

Icloud54 Fri 14-Apr-17 00:49:47

I have 1 mature follicle on the right! Nurse said she thinks it should pop out this weekend and I should have a follow up app on Tuesday to make sure it has. Fingers crossed we catch the egg star

Seacrown Fri 14-Apr-17 09:55:18

That's great you're having a follow up! How are you feeling about it all? Could they explain what happened with the left one?

Icloud54 Fri 14-Apr-17 17:13:06

No they said 2 eggs normally try and fight to become the dominant one so in this case it was the right, although sometimes both eggs to become dominant. I'm happy about it all just hope I catch the egg. How's things with you?

Seacrown Sun 16-Apr-17 10:56:03

Things are ok! I'm pretty sure I ovulated on Tuesday (consultant said not to use opks as clomid can throw things out of wack but other symptoms indicated Tuesday) so officially in TWW. It'll be interesting to see if clomid has helped at all. We got an email through confirming what I thought about having two dominant follicles, so if we don't get pregnant with two I'm going to be even more worried!

Icloud54 Sun 16-Apr-17 16:48:06

Fingers crossed for you. Keep me updated. I think I am ovulating at the moment or very close. I have a final scan on Tuesday which will hopefully confirm this. Hope the clomid works for us star

Icloud54 Mon 24-Apr-17 09:43:01

How you getting on Seacrown?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now