Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

clinic abroad

(17 Posts)
user1491567530 Fri 07-Apr-17 13:22:58

Hello ladies, any personal recommendations for clinics abroad? We have had three failed attempts of ivf here and now exploring options. Would love to try my own, but not sure that will work as I'm 42 and we had more than a dozen blastocyst embryos tested - only one normal and didn't take. Any other ladies here had this struggle? Did you continue attempts or explore egg donation? Just processing everything now. Have spoken to IVI and will now look into Gennet. Any thoughts? Experiences? Huge thanks.

blue2014 Fri 07-Apr-17 20:47:33

I used Reprofit in Brno Czech Republic. My own eggs but they do donor eggs and embryo adoption

user1491567530 Fri 07-Apr-17 21:42:39

Thank you so much. May I ask age of conception? And did you have to go there for all of the appointments?

NearlyChristmasNow Fri 07-Apr-17 21:47:59

We went to Reprofit too. I was 45 and went straight for donor eggs.
Would highly recommend them.
Look at fertility friends website message boards if you haven't already.

blue2014 Fri 07-Apr-17 22:02:28

I was 37, just went for a week from last scan to embryo transfer

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 07-Apr-17 22:04:32

I used ivi and own eggs. Was 42 when had ec and now 43 and have a 10 day old daughter πŸ’“πŸ‘ΆπŸΌπŸ’“

If this had failed we would have looked at de

Gest
Reprofit
Ivi
Serum

Are often mentioned for de and good results

user1491567530 Fri 07-Apr-17 23:05:03

Lovely, thank you so much! And huge congrats, beautiful news!

user1491567530 Fri 07-Apr-17 23:09:12

Thanks @blue2014.

@nearlychristmasnow, I haven't but registered earlier so will definitely check out.
How did you choose this clinic over Gennet (have heard good things too, you?).

And how come you went abroad vs a clinic here in the U.K.?

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 08-Apr-17 10:29:16

We had 2 private in uk at local clinic - few eggs even tho Amh and fsh good for my age / spent Β£12k

Looked abroad as cheaper and also I feel their technology is far superior

They gave me higher drugs. We got more eggs and they also did icsi as part of package. Uk didn't even offer it tho nothing wrong with df sperm

Ended up with 6 to freeze - fresh one failed. As did the 4th which was a fet

But the 5th a fet = my daughter πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“

NearlyChristmasNow Tue 11-Apr-17 08:47:16

It was by chance really that we came across Reprofit. We thought we would probably go to one of the clinics in Spain, so compiled a list of clinics to email, and then decided to add a few from other countries just for comparison.
We went abroad as we knew we were going straight for donor eggs, and the 3 UK clinics we visited (in London) all said the wait for donor eggs could be quite long.
Best of luck to you, there's a lot to think about. Fertility Friends message boards clinched it for me - reading about real people's experiences rather than just looking at the information from the clinics themselves.

INeedNewShoes Tue 11-Apr-17 08:52:37

Not IVF, but I had IUI at Stork Klinik in Denmark and I really like the clinic.

I'd look into stats for IVF success rates at each clinic as a starting point in looking at clinics abroad.

I chose the clinic because they have been in existence for decades, have good stats for IUI (I didn't look at their IVF stats), are easy to get to in an unintimidating city and the prices are very very reasonable.

UK clinics charge a criminal amount for fertility treatment in comparison!

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 11-Apr-17 09:12:50

Plus if go abroad donor eggs are confidential

In uk - once your child is 18. They can go and look up their donor mum

Not sure if donor mum can look up your child

Veinarde Tue 11-Apr-17 15:03:33

Hi, I am going to a Klinikk Hausken, they have three locations in Norway and opening a forth in Oslo in June. Very good doctor and latest technology, ivf including icsi is Β£2000!

LauraMipsum Tue 11-Apr-17 15:07:38

I had IUI at Vitanova in Denmark. They were just lovely people and incredibly helpful. Can't recommend them enough, and it was really easy to get to from London.

Spottytop1 Tue 11-Apr-17 15:08:50

Another here who recommends reprofit - excellent care, cheap ivf and meds.

user1491567530 Tue 11-Apr-17 16:31:53

Thank you so much everyone, this is so kind and helpful.

I will definitely look into Reprofit now as I started looking into IVI and Gennett, but it's always reassuring getting so many recommendations.

I've had three rounds of failed IVF here and now am at a crossroads as I'm not sure if I should give this another go or look into DE as we even PGS'd all the embryos and the one good one (FET) did not work. Was heartbroken but more after the PGS results as we didn't expect that type of result.

@Blondeshavemorefun this is such a lovely story, am so happy for you. I can't imagine what you went through but your persistence paid off and Mama Nature rewarded you. Incredible.

Excellent to have other choices too in Scandinavia - who knew? I was so focused on London before that I didn't even think to look outside.

Just wondering for those who went with DE was there a reason you went to Spain or Czech Republic (not sure what the laws are in other countries). Was it the anonymity? This wasn't even a route I thought I'd have to consider, but am totally open to it if my own eggs aren't an option. Just worried about the questions that may come along later in life as the baby wouldn't have the option of meeting the donor at 18 like here in the UK. I also totally believe the epi-genetic effect but this could be something that is an issue. Or am I thinking too much?

Sorry if I'm asking so many questions and I will absolutely look into Fertility Friends but I'm doing this in small doses as this is so all-consuming. People don't know unless they go through it. Thanks again for all the support.

user1491567530 Tue 11-Apr-17 16:36:28

And @NearlyChristmasNow amazing as well, thank you. I hear you, the system here for DE just doesn't seem as straightforward or simple. Perhaps it has something to do with lack of anonymity now and maybe the payments? I'm not sure, but when I spoke with Gennett yesterday they told me that they have no donors waiting here in the UK which means the wait can be long.
Thanks again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now