Advanced search

Male factor infertility counselling

(7 Posts)
00100001 Tue 04-Apr-17 17:50:48

Can you get this on the NHS?
How do you get it?

Would we have to pay privately?

blue2014 Tue 04-Apr-17 18:25:08

You could probably get a generic counselling referral but I'm not sure they offer any specific fertility counselling? (I don't know really, I went private for treatment)

broodynmoody Tue 04-Apr-17 18:27:55

I don't see why not. I'm having fertility counselling with NHS. They offer it for free. Both me and my partner could have went but my DP flat out refused (men and feelings ey). I'd definitely ask about it

Zippybear Tue 04-Apr-17 18:28:03

Are you going to have ivf with the nhs? If so they usually include some counselling

MrsDarcy4092 Tue 04-Apr-17 22:35:41

If they don't offer fertility counselling just ask gp to refer for counselling and you can use it to talk about whatever you want. We've had lots of counselling along this journey through NHS never specific for fertility but we always used it to talk about fertility and found it helpful

00100001 Tue 04-Apr-17 22:54:08

Well I think DH needs counselling before being ready to consider fertility treatment :/

Blueroses99 Wed 05-Apr-17 07:52:23

My NHS assisted conception unit offered 3 free sessions with a counsellor (and then £50/hr thereafter). This was specifically related to infertility, but I think we had to ask for info as we made aware of the service but weren't told much about it. I think most clinics have access to counselling as in certain circumstances it is mandatory to have counselling I believe.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: