Advanced search

Miscarriage 15 months ago - no period. INFERTILE?

(7 Posts)
MadHorseLady1 Tue 04-Apr-17 16:09:33

Looking for some adive, I has a miscarriage in January 2016, I was 6 weeks pregnant. Since then, I have not had a period. There has been months where i've had very very light bleeding, not even enough to use anything.

We have been activly trying since the bleeding stopped after the mc, but have had no luck in getting pregnant.

Has anyone been in the same boat?

Thanks xx

juneau Tue 04-Apr-17 16:16:38

You should go and see your GP. If you're not having periods you probably aren't ovulating and this is obviously a problem if you're trying to get pregnant. How old are you?

MadHorseLady1 Tue 04-Apr-17 16:20:44

I took me a long time to get over the mc, had very little support from my mum and other half, just put on a brave face and said everything was fine.. only been the last couple of months i've started to feel better. Put off going to my Drs cause they were useless when I asked for help with my depression. I'm 24.

juneau Tue 04-Apr-17 16:41:54

Well if you're not ovulating you aren't going to get pregnant, so you might need some help to get your cycle started again. Go and see a different doctor if you found one unhelpful. You can request to either see or not see a certain doctor, even if that person happens to be your named doctor.

broodynmoody Tue 04-Apr-17 16:54:48

I would definitely see your GP. Your miscarriage could have possibly messed up your cycle for a month or two, but shouldn't affect it for a year. There must an underlying problem and I would get the ball rolling with it especially if your a trying to conceive.

fbradf01 Mon 10-Apr-17 23:28:19

Hi madhorselady
Can I ask did you have an erpc after your miscarriage?
As others have said you should defo see your gp to get it checked out!

caluna Tue 11-Apr-17 00:35:22

Just seconding what others have said - you need to find out whether you're ovulating; if you are getting positive opks you might have adhesions/ scarring from your miscarriage blocking the cervix/bottom of the uterus, this is much more likely if you had an erpc. Google Asherman's Syndrome. GPs might not know much about this but if you are not getting periods see if you can get referred to a gynae.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: