Talk

Advanced search

Positive ovulation with PCOS ??????

(3 Posts)
user1491165090 Sun 02-Apr-17 21:54:58

VictoriaRobinHadynn_
Posted 11 hours ago
I'm so confused . I was diagnosed with PCOS last month and told it was unlikely I would ovulate and conceive without help . I started tracking ovulation 5 months ago and have never had a positive . I had my first positive on Thursday night and then again Friday morning , back to negative Friday afternoon . Do you think it's my body confused or did I actually ovulate ????

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 03-Apr-17 15:16:39

Spontaneous ovulation can happen with PCOS but more often than not ovulation does not occur.

PCOS and OPK's are uneasy bedfellows and such kits should really be avoided. What may well have happened here if you did use an OPKs is that the kit read your elevated LH level giving you a false positive result. I would therefore stop using the kits.

What is the next step proposed for you re treatment options?

VictoriaRobinHadyn Mon 03-Apr-17 17:44:08

Surely ovulation does occur as there are plenty of women who conceive naturally with PCOS . It's just hard to pinpoint that spontaneous ovulation . I thought l I'm going to go on CLOMID as a starting point .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now