Talk

Advanced search

Yet another "happy" announcement

(3 Posts)
Sillysausages007 Sun 02-Apr-17 18:12:51

An admission before I start - we have one DC, born after 8 years of IVF/ICSI/every flaming type of treatment I can imagine - and having gone to hell and back to conceive.

A close acquaintance of mine announced a couple of days ago that her own daughter is expecting. Apparently this girl is such a control-freak (her mum's words, not mine), that it was "bound to happen" when she wanted to!!! She seems to be able to control all aspects of her life, this included. And in the same breathe my acquaintance looked knowingly at me and said "of course xxx has also found out that they are expecting, and they HAD PROBLEMS". It was the way she said it, as if this poor other woman had brought any problems conceiving on herself.

I am so jealous. I can't help it. We have our one DC who is the most important and precious thing in our lives, bar none. We went through hell, and yet others get pg seemingly at the drop of a hat. I'm not sure I'm ever going to feel this undiluted joy when I hear a pregnancy announcement.

I am sorry if I've upset/offended anyone. I really don't mean to - I know the struggle of IF as I was there for a very, very long time. I just needed somewhere to rant and wish that this particular aspect of IF ended when you have a child - but it would seem that it doesn't!

MaisyPops Sun 02-Apr-17 18:16:28

Classic case of people opening their mouths without thinking. I can see why its annoyed you.

Whilst nowhere near as emotional as your situation, DH and I are TTC and all i get everytime i talk to my mother is chat about baby and why its so essential and why we should get a move on. They dont know we are TTC and part of ke wants to hold off jist to piss them off because they are obsessed.
Sometimes whej babies are concerned people are just insensitive i think

Salmonpinkcords Sun 02-Apr-17 22:20:38

I understand how hard it is for you.
But all I would say is that things aren't always what they seem. I've been pregnant 8 times but have 2 children. Only my closest friend knows this, everyone else including family think it was easy for me. Try not to focus on what other people tell you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now