Talk

Advanced search

Natural Frozen Cycle on NHS

(12 Posts)
Sussex1983 Thu 30-Mar-17 21:08:08

I've had one fresh transfer on the NHS which resulted in a mmc at six weeks (had one failed fresh transfer & one frozen transfer resulting in another mmc with private treatment).
I am due back at my NHS hospital next month to discuss a frozen transfer, for this they want to 'control' my cycle with drugs similar to HRT. As our issue is male factor, I couldn't see any reason for this, checked with the consultant at my private clinic who is of the opinion this would not be of any additional benefit / success rate and is purely to help the hospital control the cycle in terms of dates for treatment.

I feel like my body has been pumped full of enough hormones & I am really reluctant to take further medication unless it's necessary & beneficial.
My intention is to tell my NHS doctor that I want a natural cycle - has anyone any experience of this, is it going to be a massive fight & struggle to have this agreed ?

Sussex1983 Fri 31-Mar-17 14:10:53

Anyone ?
I should probably have also asked if anyone disagrees with my thought process & thinks I'm daft not to follow the NHS advice & procedure

Annab1983 Fri 31-Mar-17 14:40:03

No it's not daft I would be interested in this too and can't find much info on it! I am in the 2WW of a fresh cycle and one in the freezer.. I hated pumping myself full of hormones and my cycles are regular as clockwork.. so if this fails I would be interested in this. I imagine it is cheaper for NHS also!

BiggerBoatNeeded Fri 31-Mar-17 14:59:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BiggerBoatNeeded Fri 31-Mar-17 15:00:04

Sussex1983 Fri 31-Mar-17 15:41:57

Thanks so much for coming back.

BiggerBoat - this is something I hadn't thought of. When I had my natural cycle privately I had bloods taken to ensure I was ovulating & the date was correct for transfer. I suspect the NHS may tell me that they can't /don't do this.

I'm getting myself so worked up about having this conversation with them, but I really do not want to be taking hormones that have no benefit other than convenience - but am also at panicked & anxious stage (that I may never be successful) that I just don't have the energy for a fight about it either

BiggerBoatNeeded Fri 31-Mar-17 15:49:53

Sussex1983 Fri 31-Mar-17 16:09:17

I had mentioned it when I called to book in for my cycle & that's when they gave me a May appointment !
Hopefully I am winding myself up & it will be fine . Hopefully (!!)

blackcherries Mon 03-Apr-17 22:24:53

thanks for the info biggerboat. I am hoping to do a natural FET with my clinic but they haven't given me any info yet. Do you know if it's possible to do straight after a fresh cycle (chemical pregnancy here)? They asked if my periods were regular which they are, fairly.

What is the general procedure - what happens on ovulation day? Do you take any progesterone after?

Is it more common to down reg etc for a FET?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm impatient as not meeting clinic until next week and worried they'll put me off another month when I'll possibly be on holiday and I'm desperate not to lose any more time.

blackcherries Mon 03-Apr-17 22:25:43

ps our issue is male factor too

BiggerBoatNeeded Tue 04-Apr-17 09:26:03

blackcherries Tue 04-Apr-17 22:54:43

thank you, you have no idea how helpful that is! I don't know why my clinic can't give me the generic info.
Was your FET successful?

I am so desperate not to waste any time it's beginning to make me a bit anxious.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: