Talk

Advanced search

Pessaries?

(4 Posts)
jodybug0908 Tue 28-Mar-17 15:33:49

I'm just wondering what I should do about the pessaries...
I do my test on 6 April but only have enough pessaries to last me to 10 April. I was told if I get a negative result I should do a repeat test 1 week later. Don't I need to keep taking the pessaries in that week in case it is positive the 2nd week as it might be HCG isn't strong enough to be detected? Totally understand that if 2nd test is negative I should stop taking them but I don't have enough pessaries to get me to that 2nd test date?
I sent an email to the IVF nurses but they just said to stop taking the pessaries if a negative result and keep taking for 4 weeks if positive. Totally didn't get that I was saying I didn't have enough pessaries to do that.
It's really stressing me out when I'm trying to be calm and serene!
Any advice?

blue2014 Tue 28-Mar-17 18:27:23

Email again and re ask the question. I was in the same situation and ordered more in advance just in case because I was getting treatment abroad and didn't want to risk not having any (I was lucky to get a bfP and so I needed them) if your clinic is local I'm sure they just prescribe more when you get your results

jodybug0908 Tue 28-Mar-17 18:42:17

Thanks x I hope they actually read the question I asked this time! Xx

blue2014 Tue 28-Mar-17 18:48:16

Fingers crossed! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now