Talk

Advanced search

Proxeed plus for men ??

(16 Posts)
sophiesophie88 Sun 26-Mar-17 17:45:54

Hi so we've been trying to conceive for the last 4 years and I unfortunately recently had a miscarriage. I have been on clomifene for the last 7 months and my partner has been recommended to take proxeed plus as he has low sperm count, poor motility and abnormal sperm morphology. Any other seuggestions for him would be greatly appreciated as have found the proxeed plus to be too expensive at the mo as just brought a house for renovation x x

somethingwitty3432 Sun 26-Mar-17 21:55:30

Hi sorry you haven't had any responses yet.

We have similar issues. But at least the miscarriage means you know you can conceive.

Who recommended proxeed plus? I'd never heard of it before. Are you in the US or the UK? In U.K our doc just said anything with selenium would be beneficial. So DH took the Wellman tablets. Think they're cheaper.

Good luck 💐

JoJoSM2 Sun 26-Mar-17 22:22:21

That would improve things greatly. There are other supplements but they cost about the same (for the proper stuff, not supermarket vitamins). Lifestyle changes and a healthy diet can also improve things. I suppose it boils down to how much you want to get pregnant/have a baby...

GuinessPunch Sun 26-Mar-17 22:24:08

"At least the miscarriage means you can conceive".

Whata shitty thing to say.

somethingwitty3432 Mon 27-Mar-17 00:12:38

Wow my apologies if that came across shitty OP & GuinessPunch It certainly wasn't meant to. All I meant is that we tried to conceive for 10 years & never conceived. I can't imagine how awfully difficult a MC would be & im sorry this happened to you. For us, personally I would find hope in that if we can conceive we could keep trying. Whereas for us there was no hope. No matter how I explain that it now does sound shitty but it wasn't meant to...I'm sorry 😐

geeup Mon 27-Mar-17 10:26:39

Hi Sophie just thought I'd back up the recommendation for Proxeed. It was the only supplement recommended by both our NHS consultant and by Dr Ramsay who's the uks leading urologist. It's the only one with clinical results to back it up. I know it seems expensive but it's cheaper that IVF (which we're doing at the moment!) so in my opinion worth prioritising. That said I will literally spend any money on anything that'll increase our chances as I'm desperate! Good luck!

sophiesophie88 Mon 27-Mar-17 19:10:52

Hi somethingwitty, don't worry I absolutely know what you mean so no offence taken, it's bitter sweet I guess. And I'm in the uk the dr and nurse recommended it. But not many people have heard of it, I think you can only buy online. And fingers crossed for you x x

Thank you for the advice geeup it's nice to hear someone has heard of it lol. And super good luck on the ivf hope all goes well x x

Londonjam Mon 27-Mar-17 19:48:35

What gee said. It's the only one our consultant mentioned. DH had 2% then 1% morphology last year, he went on Proxeed plus and his most recent SA last month was 4% morphology. His motility was a lot higher too. Count about the same , fortunately he has a high count.

Heat is not good - avoid hot baths hot tubs heated car seats etc. Keep them cool! Lots of fruit vegetables and moderate exercise. Less alcohol and no smoking.

Good luck.

somethingwitty3432 Mon 27-Mar-17 19:59:47

Thanks for being understanding Sophie, would hate to think I upset you. I've ordered some proxeed plus for my dh - you never know ay.

Fingers absolutely firmly crossed for you & all the positive thoughts coming your way x

sophiesophie88 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:42:05

That's awesome London jam this def sounds like the thing to take for him, I best start saving my pennies, I can live without windows and doors for a while lol. I'm so glad to hear that it has worked for you, thank you for the advice too, my other half is in the navy and currently on ship so not sure how the food is ( apparently not great ) but il tell him to pack in the veggies and to keep working on his Popeye muscles lol.x x

Good luck somethingwitty, from what the others have said about proxeed it sounds like it definately does good things. X x

sophiesophie88 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:42:52

And keep me posted something witty on how you get on x x good luck x x

Londonjam Mon 27-Mar-17 20:54:31

It's definitely improved things although not pregnant yet. It is flippin pricey but worth it if it does the trick!

sophiesophie88 Mon 27-Mar-17 21:02:32

London jam do you mind me asking how long he was on it before things started to change x

JoJoSM2 Mon 27-Mar-17 21:07:03

Sperms take 2.5-3 months to develop. DH was advised to pop his supplements and come back for another test in 3-4 months' time.

sophiesophie88 Mon 27-Mar-17 21:14:30

Thank you jojo, my other half will be home in 2 weeks and I think he is due for another lovely sample which he absolutely loves doing lol so will see if anything has changed naturally if not I guess time to start him on this x

Londonjam Tue 28-Mar-17 08:31:38

He started in November and did his most recent SA last month - so had been on it just over 3 months I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now