Talk

Advanced search

Break away before another IVF round after OHSS and a Failed FET

(2 Posts)
Belle82 Thu 23-Mar-17 10:29:34

I am in need of some objective advice please.
My husband and I had an argument about something this morning, I say argument, I will ask him something he will get wound up and I will go away and think about what I’ve said to see if it warranted such a response and come home to either apologise or discuss it further.

We were talking about the fact that we needed to go and visit his parents who live in another country, and that we would look at some time in the next few weeks for a long weekend.

I asked if it was ok to look at some dates we could go away for about 5 days to a week for a restful week away, the reason I asked is because we are both stressed with work and, we started our IVF journey mid-way through last year, I ended up in hospital with severe OHSS, it took me two and a half weeks to recover from the EC (23 eggs – 5 Frozen). We started the new round towards the end of the year and it failed, our doctors have told us we’re ready to go again however from start to finish the whole cycle to ET will be 56 days and so I thought it would be nice to try and get a break away somewhere warm just me and him for a little longer than a weekend to get a proper rest for the both of us. The last holiday we had was to his parents back in May last year for 5 days. I had Christmas off but we had family with us the majority of the time so had about 3 days to rest before returning to work. And a couple of long weekends off in-between the trip to his parents and Christmas.

My other half got wound up and told me nothing is ever good enough for me, I pay for the holidays, so money isn’t the issue & we have money in savings for the IVF which won’t be touched for the break away.
He’s quite stressed with things going on at his work, I don’t think he quite understands the emotional stress from a cycle, he was of course upset when we failed the last round but it has really affected me quite deeply and he can’t quite understand why, I think this is because of the stress he has going on at work.
He is a lovely, affectionate man, and I love him dearly and want a family more than anything, I know when he gets very stressed at work he can get wound up very easily but I just want him to have a break as much as I do.

Can you help me understand if I’m in the wrong and I’m being totally selfish or if I’m right to ask for a break away where it’s just the two of us?

laurelstar Tue 18-Apr-17 14:24:19

Poor you, doesn't sound like you're being unreasonable at all. Hope you got it sorted X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now