Talk

Advanced search

1st IVF - only 2 eggs collected yesterday

(5 Posts)
longdistanceclaraaa Wed 22-Mar-17 08:38:08

I am devastated. Only 2 eggs collected yesterday, which I know from obsessive googling is not a good thing. I will find out this morning if any fertilised.

I still can't quite believe I am in this position. Two and a half years ago I got pregnant quickly. MC. Then things started to get difficult but I got pregnant again 9 months later. MC again. Now I'm here. I know quite a few people who have struggled to conceive but they all now have children, yet here I am I cannot even get a decent number of eggs. I am so wound up with thinking about it all.

Sorry to everyone going through infertility. It really is a living hell.

toffeepuddin Wed 22-Mar-17 14:40:55

Hi OP. What was your AMH before the IVF? We're you on the highest dose? If not they'll up your drugs on the next round flowers

Chattycat78 Wed 22-Mar-17 17:27:50

OP I had 2 eggs collected. Not unexpected because my amh was low.

I thought the worst- it was looking bleak. However- 1 embryo, 1 bfp, 1 baby who is now 2 years old. Quality is much more important than quantity! Don't give up yet.

longdistanceclaraaa Wed 22-Mar-17 22:35:49

Thanks so much for replying. My last AMH was taken last February and was 8.4. I was 36 then - now 37. Glad you're 2 - egg cycle worked chatty. You must have been so relieved.

Unfortunately neither of mine fertilised but they'll up the dose for the next one. We get two nhs cycles where I live.

anametouse Thu 23-Mar-17 14:44:14

Sorry to hear that OP, do they know why they didn't fertilise? Can they include icsi next time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now