Talk

Advanced search

IVF - how long does process take?

(5 Posts)
Avocadosmoothie Sun 19-Mar-17 14:31:57

Hi everyone, I've just had 2 rounds of IVF approved on the NHS. What are the next steps? I have an appointment next month, is it likely that I will start stimms the next month after that or are there other things to do before that? I've had all the blood tests, hycosy etc and IVF has been approved, I would like to get an idea of how long it will take from now until the month of embryo transfer. Thanks!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 19-Mar-17 14:48:58

If all tests back then yes likely to start month or two after your appointment

Body will down reg and clinic generally control your body to fit in with their clinic - not all are open 7days a week

Then once happy - wait for period and you get scanned generally day 2/3 of cycle to check lining and if over 8mm (tho again all clinics vary) you will start injecting self

If lining isn't to their satisfaction then will ask you to come in following day /day after - then start injections

Hence hard to pinpoint exact start dates for ec and et

Avocadosmoothie Sun 19-Mar-17 14:57:54

Thanks Blondes. I've been taking clomid in recent cycles - do you know if I have to wait any time to get that out of my system before IVF? Now I know IVF is a reality I just want to get started!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 19-Mar-17 16:42:21

Sorry I don't know. Never had clinic as I did ovulate

Maybe check with your gp or ivf clinic

Bibs2014 Sun 19-Mar-17 19:15:35

Long protocol starts on day 21 of your cycle if that helps?
Egg transfer around day 17.

Whole process takes 6-7 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now