Talk

Advanced search

What did you do in 2WW after egg transfer?

(18 Posts)
Bibs2014 Fri 17-Mar-17 14:35:58

Any special food/drink?
Did you rest?
Take any special supplements?

Tell me everything smile

leanandgreen Fri 17-Mar-17 18:15:30

Really boring but I just carried on as normal. I think I carried on taking my pregnacare conception vitamin but I don't think that I changed my diet at all (my diet is pretty healthy though).

I think I remember feeling very tired on week one so I rested whenever I could but apart from that I didn't do anything different. I did get my bfp at the end of that cycle.

Good luck to you!

Bibs2014 Sat 18-Mar-17 17:06:25

Thanks.

Does anyone else want to share their story?

PotatoesPastaAndBread Sat 18-Mar-17 17:54:52

Checked my knickers seventeen times a day, failed to achieve anything at work or socially​, took half a dozen pregnancy tests, cried at stupid things and was generally a complete space cadet. Not sure any of it helped anything!

Bibs2014 Sat 18-Mar-17 17:58:24

Did it work? grin

PotatoesPastaAndBread Sun 19-Mar-17 21:43:58

I forgot googling! Madly googling everything from symptoms to tips.

So far so good, I'm ten weeks. But still frantically googling and knicker checking and miscarriage symptom spotting!

reallyneedmoresleep Sun 19-Mar-17 21:46:17

I went camping for five days! We enjoyed the gorgeous Welsh countryside and I went easy on the booze.

blossombottom Sun 19-Mar-17 22:39:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

blossombottom Sun 19-Mar-17 22:40:56

Bibs2014 Sun 19-Mar-17 23:32:45

I am mostly resting - sleeping means I don't have to think about it and don't google.

I'm eating pineapple, Brazil nuts, avocado every day. Eating chicken and eggs every day.

Taking pregnacare and drinking spatone (iron supplement).

I'm 3dp5dt (frozen cycle) and wishing the time away. It's my 4th transfer (have a 2.5 yr old DS) and likely to be the last as I can't afford another round plus I'm 38.

Bibs2014 Mon 20-Mar-17 10:49:01

Congrats Potato btw!

Bibs2014 Sat 25-Mar-17 13:56:21

My cycle failed sad

blossombottom Sat 25-Mar-17 14:23:31

PotatoesPastaAndBread Sat 25-Mar-17 16:14:58

I'm sorry to hear that bibs. I wish you all the best if you decide to try again. And if you don't.

Bibs2014 Sat 25-Mar-17 17:14:32

We have male factor - low morphology.

We already have a 2-yr-old DS conceived through ivf on a FET after our fresh cycle failed. He helps to soften the blow.

This was transfer number 4 - fresh cycle ended in bfn in December, we had one blasto to freeze. I thought this would be the one as my DS was conceived through FET.

Haven't even cried properly yet - what's the point? Gosh it feels so alien to me that people have sex and then just have a baby afterwards. It feels like a million miles away.

We are going to take 6 months off. Maybe try and save to go again in that time but this cycle has got us £12k in debt which is a lot to us confused. We'll try naturally too, maybe we'll get lucky?

PotatoesPastaAndBread Sat 25-Mar-17 18:10:17

I'm sorry to hear that. I totally get what you mean that sex=baby only in some other universe! Hope the time off helps you. I had a year between cycles (mmc then this cycle). I couldn't have gone again either physically or mentally without that time. Best of luck.

Bibs2014 Sat 25-Mar-17 19:18:12

Thanks.

Feeling my age too - I'm 38 - it would've been perfect timing if this had worked. Perhaps it just wasn't my turn this time.

PotatoesPastaAndBread Sun 26-Mar-17 16:09:35

Yeah I'm coming up 38 too. Sucks. Just starting​ to feel old...40 is in sight... but young enough to have some hope still. Urgh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now