Talk

Advanced search

Fibroids, PCOS and Lap & Dye

(5 Posts)
Fleanne Sat 11-Mar-17 10:46:00

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me. I had an initial infertility appointment on Thursday and was told I have a fibroid which is positioned in a place which would hinder implantation. He also diagnosed PCOS (I was a bit surprised as I've had 2 x 21 day blood tests and both seemed to come back normal).

The consultant suggested surgery to remove the fibroid and to also do a lap & dye investigation at the same time. I was a bit overwhelmed with information that I totally forgot to ask what the next steps would be!

Has anyone been in a similar situation? What was the next step in the process after the surgery? Thanks in advance.

toffeepuddin Sat 11-Mar-17 21:49:09

Hi OP. I don't know as I may soon be in this situation myself. I'm having a hysterscopy soon to confirm what's the bulk in my womb. I think after a lap you have to wait about 4-8 weeks before ivf I'm not sure. [Flowers]

Fleanne Sun 12-Mar-17 09:18:14

Thank you for your reply. I wish I'd thought to ask at the appointment! Good luck with your surgery too (sorry I don't know how to send flowers!)

star1980 Fri 24-Mar-17 16:50:07

Hi Fleanne, I think what they mean is that the laparoscopy is the surgery necessary to remove the fibroid and so whilst doing that they may as well do the dye test to check your tubes.

I have fibroids too but my consultants all agree that their position means they aren't affecting my fertility. However I've enquired about the surgery many times (ttc over 2 years) and I understand that following surgery you need to leave two months for the uterus to recovery and then you can start try again. If you are ovulating and your tube test comes back fine then it's worth giving it another 4-6 months trying naturally before looking at other treatment. You've been given a clear reason you haven't conceived so once that is resolved, there's every likelihood you will be successful. good luck smile

Fleanne Wed 05-Apr-17 22:51:40

Sorry Star I only just saw your reply. Thank you for the information. Going in for surgery next week so hoping it all goes well! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now