Talk

Advanced search

Donor eggs

(10 Posts)
DaffodilSunshine Tue 07-Mar-17 15:23:53

Can anyone advise me on where to start when looking at using donor eggs?

Despite only being 33 my amh was under 2 and classed as undetectable. We went for ICSI anyway. First cycle we got three eggs, all fertilised. Two were put back but I got a BFN. The third embryo didn't develop well enough to be frozen. The second cycle has gone worse. Only one egg that didn't fertilise.

We've decided that given these two cycles and my low amh that it's time to move on to donor treatment. I feel overwhelmed about where to start with this. Can anyone help?

Chattycat78 Tue 07-Mar-17 15:40:22

Probably an obvious q but is natural conception out of the question? Low amh means low egg numbers- NOT that all your eggs are rubbish.

2014newme Tue 07-Mar-17 15:43:35

Op, on my 2nd icsi my eggs were poor quality and I had no embryos to put back, devastating. I went on waiting list for donor eggs which was 2 years at our clinic but by the time I gotta to top of waiting list I had twins with my own eggs on 4th cycle as I carried on with own eggs whilst waiting.
Overseas clinics have much shorter waiting times.
Good luck

Isthismummy Tue 07-Mar-17 16:04:33

Sorry to hear about your issues OP.

I have low amh. It's only 1.7, so I beat youwink We are waiting to start NHS IVF, but are looking abroad if that's a disaster. The Serum clinic in Athens is supposed to be excellent. The donors are very carefully chosen and it's all done as ethically as possible. We will be looking there if needs be.

It's so difficult though. I know a woman who got no eggs on first ivf attempt, one on second and then got pregnant with twins on third attempt.

There are so many factors though and you have to do what is right for you.

Good luck.

DaffodilSunshine Tue 07-Mar-17 16:18:48

Thanks for your replies. I know we've only had two cycles but each one comes at such a heavy cost (financially, emotionally, and physically). It also feels that life is just on hold through this.

Natural conception isn't completely out of the question but it has been two years of trying naturally around these cycles and statistics suggest if it hasn't naturally in that time it's very unlikely it will. We will obviously keep trying but we need to accept how unlikely it is. We therefore have decided going for better odds with donor eggs is right for us at this point

I'll have a look at the clinic in Greece recommended

blue2014 Tue 07-Mar-17 18:06:23

I should probably be on commission for the amount I recommend that but may be worth trying Reprofit in Brno, Czech Republic.

I also have very low amh (3 eggs, 2 fertilised, 2 back in, one 3 month old sat on my lap- I'm very very lucky I know this)

They do icsi under £3000 with meds with own eggs or I think it's about £5000 with donor eggs. I believe the waiting list is quite short?

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 14-Mar-17 06:44:56

Abroad is much cheaper for ivf and even more so for de

Plus abroad is confidential. In uk your child can find their donor at 18

Abroad they can't

Clinics often mentioned are

Serum Athens
Reprodir Prague
Ivi Madrid
Ivf Barcelona
Gest Prague

I used ivi tho own eggs but know of two ladies who used ivi and de

Snowdog37 Fri 17-Mar-17 17:00:09

I'm with Praga Medica Gest in Prague, going over in June for donor egg ivf. They've been great so far. I have an English speaking coordinator who "manages" everything including answering my crazy questions! My Dr is Czech, extremely experienced and kind of abrupt/businesslike. It's definitely a different kind of bedside manner. But, their success rate is over 60% and the prices are amazing. So if I get lucky first time I'll be delighted, but I'm assuming I'll need two trips (which is very affordable compared to USA prices!) and if two aren't successful they offer the third one free with a 90% success rate with 3 trips.

Snowdog37 Fri 17-Mar-17 17:02:21

Oh, and the cost for de ivf there is €4250 for a guarantee of at least 2 quality blasts. Some clinics don't guarantee anything. Definitely worth the guarantee, as they will use back up donor embryo blasts (fully tested and high quality) if your own donor ones don't make the grade.

Cutesbabasmummy Fri 17-Mar-17 20:25:30

IVI Alicante. The 5 day old DE blast is upstairs asleep in his cot - he's just turned 2 xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now