Talk

Advanced search

Arvigo massage/Maya abdominal massage

(9 Posts)
StarFish2045 Mon 06-Mar-17 14:25:45

Just looking for advise from anyone who has had this massage. Thinking of trying it but I'm quite nervous about having anyone fiddling with me as I've read the massage isn't relaxing but can be quite uncomfortable! I have/had endometriosis and we've been ttc#2 for 16 months now following a mc.

If you've tried it what was your experience?

TIA smile

StarFish2045 Tue 07-Mar-17 09:59:16

Just bumping

tigerdog Tue 07-Mar-17 10:01:42

I had one a couple of years ago, as part of my IVF preparation, and it was a pleasant and relaxing experience. I doubt it made any real difference to my fertility issues. It was also expensive!

DizzyMerry11 Wed 08-Mar-17 13:45:12

I'm booked in to have this massage on the weekend. Will update on here afterwards.

Tiger it is indeed expensive!

tigerdog Wed 08-Mar-17 14:29:49

The funniest part of the whole experience was being presented with a bundle of herbs to take home, for the purpose of steaming my vagina!! blush I never quite got round to trying that one, I must admit and the herbs got chucked eventually.

DizzyMerry11 Wed 08-Mar-17 15:00:14

Oh dear!!! I don't want to be steaming my vag confused I really hope she doesn't mention anything of the sort but I sure as hell won't be doing it!

bananafish81 Wed 08-Mar-17 18:31:16

It was a very expensive tummy rub

Quite relaxing but she did try and sell me on vaginal steaming too (I declined)

She gave me homework to do my own tummy rubbing at home

(obvs didn't make any difference, my endometrium was still and remains shit, with and without magic tummy rubs)

DizzyMerry11 Wed 08-Mar-17 20:20:31

Ok, I think you've put me off the massage now banana! I should actually get my head out of the sand and find out the what's actually going on and whether the endo is playing up again.

Can I ask where the breakages go? As in the therapist has said the massage breaks up scar tissue/adhesions and help disperse cysts but there do they then go? Are they absorbed by the body or do you get a bleed/spotting?

Star I also have endo had it lasered off in 2010
and a scan in 2014 showed no cysts so hopefully it's not come back. Have you had any treatment for yours?

bananafish81 Wed 08-Mar-17 22:08:31

I have no idea where the adhesions are supposed to go - it sounds like woo bollocks to me, but I'm very sceptical about fanciful sounding claims by woo therapists about the miracle healing powers of their chosen practice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now