Amh of 13.7 - is this low?

(10 Posts)
Scottishgirl85 Fri 03-Mar-17 18:57:17

Hi! We have severe mfi, about to go for private ivf abroad and gathering investigation results to send over to them. Just had my first ever amh and it's 13.7, I'm 31. This seems low to me, it's in the lab reference range for my age, but right at the bottom of the range. I guess I'm disappointed as we're battling severe mfi, I was hoping to check out OK! Everything else was normal for me. Any thoughts? Thanks

Scottishgirl85 Fri 03-Mar-17 18:58:38

Sorry should have said, it's in the range for my age, but the overall lab reference range puts my result in the 'low fertility' category x

ellesbellesxxx Fri 03-Mar-17 19:01:49

Hello!
The range for age 30-34 I was told was 6.8-47.8, so although lower it's not too bad! Did they give you antral follicle count?
Mine was 6.3 at the age of 31... but still got 8 eggs at egg collection.. your age is definitely in your favour

Polly99 Fri 03-Mar-17 19:03:37

It is i think on the lower end of normal range but it is not worryingly low. I have high AMH for my age but it's the fact that I am old (40 +) that has made conceiving hard it seems. I have lots of eggs left but they are old duds. You may have fewer but they will be fresh and far more likely to produce a baby. Lots of luck,

Scottishgirl85 Fri 03-Mar-17 19:06:57

Yes the reference range you quoted is the exact same as mine, must be same lab. What made me panic was the lab overall reference ranges which says <15 (point something) was classed as low fertility. Thanks for putting my mind at ease! Hope your treatment went well! x

Scottishgirl85 Fri 03-Mar-17 19:09:12

Thanks polly, good luck with your treatment. Fingers crossed they'll find a good egg since you have lots left x

Chattycat78 Sat 04-Mar-17 08:51:44

Looks ok to me. Mine was 2.8 when I was 34, so fairly terrible.

However, amh only tells you how many eggs you have and not about the quality of those eggs, which is what counts when trying to get pregnant, so I wouldn't get too bogged down with the numbers. Age is the best measure for egg quality (at 31 you should be in good shape there).

MrsDarcy4092 Wed 08-Mar-17 08:52:26

Just wanted to say we will be starting icsi soon first round due to severe male infertility.
Dh has less than 0-1 million/ml count, zero motility and abnormal morphology. The last sa said they were severely abnormal forms with most having 2 tales and the only movement was "twitching" . We tried tamoxifen which initially made a difference but that difference wasn't sustained.
Good luck with your cycle!

Scottishgirl85 Wed 08-Mar-17 12:33:39

Good luck MrsDarcey! Our hubby's have similar sperm by the sounds of things, 0.1 million, 0% morphology, although my hubby's motility wasn't too bad (he's clinging onto that one number that wasn't as terrible as the others...). We haven't seeked help to improve it as we assumed it was beyond help, so it's interesting to hear about the tamoxifen. Will your cycle include any extras such as PICSI, IMSI or MACS to help choose the best sperm? Wishing you all the best! x

MrsDarcy4092 Wed 15-Mar-17 11:31:07

WEve not had our initial consultation yet so not sure if what we will have added.

Good luck to you, when do you start?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now