Talk

Advanced search

Trying for baby #2

(8 Posts)
MonikaPoklekLee Sun 26-Feb-17 17:50:22

This has been the most difficult few months of our life's, I think. We are trying for another baby, it has been very stressful. 7 months ago I was pregnant, I was 2 months in when I went for my first scan, was told baby's heart wasn't beating anymore. They gave me a pill to miscarry. We have been trying again for the past two months, without luck. Now a colleague of mine has announced her pregnancy, and I am happy for her but questioning my fertility now. Could the pill have done something? If anyone knows, let me know, much appreciated. Xxxx

YouMeddlingKids Mon 27-Feb-17 11:59:23

Sorry you're going through this. It's very unlikely that the pills for your miscarriage will have done anything to cause this, I've never heard of them causing fertility issues. Two months is not much time, although I know how it feels when you've had a miscarriage and are desperate to be pregnant again. Keep trying and it will almost certainly happen. Good luck

MonikaPoklekLee Mon 27-Feb-17 13:39:51

Thank you loads, we will continue trying xxx

AgentFF Mon 27-Feb-17 17:32:11

I think it very unlikely that it would have done something but would it put your mind more at rest to check with the doctor? If it will stop you worrying I think it would be worth asking. Lots of luck!

MonikaPoklekLee Mon 27-Feb-17 18:06:00

I haven't actually thought about going to see my go about it, I may do although I just don't want to make it look like something huge when it isn't xxx

AgentFF Mon 27-Feb-17 18:19:22

I would really appreciate some advice too - we've been TTC #2 for about 10 months. I'm 39. I think there has been at least one early MC but nothing else. We've been taking vitamins, eating healthier, not drinking caffeine or alcohol. I've decided it's time to go to the doctor but not sure whether it's better to go nhs or private? I can't get an apptmt with my GP for at least a week and it's really hard to get one at all. Should I just ask to be referred (which they might be able to do in a phone apptmt) or wait it out till they can see me? I'm feeling quite stressed about waiting times and just want to get on and know the worst... I dont really know what the initial tests are that they'd do and if it's better to try to do on NHS if they are super pricy? Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks.

HaylJay Sat 11-Mar-17 12:13:14

Hi
Just wanted to say your not alone
I've misscarried once before and just had another miscarriage on momday, I also opted for the pill when told my baby stopped growing & had no heartbeat.
I have one healthy son but we are trying for our second. My best friend just found out she is pregnant and she didn't even want to be and she is very sad about finding out.
Just wanted to say you're not alone and our stories seems quite similar.
I don't think the pill would have caused you any further fertility problems and sadly miscarriage is very common and doesn't mean you can't have another baby, you have a very good chance of having a baby wepically when you have a child already smile
Look after yourself and try relax as much as you can - wishing you all the very best

blackcherries Sun 12-Mar-17 23:16:51

agentFF I was in your shoes last September or so. Had been ttc #2 for about 7 months.
All the OPKs and advice etc say to see a GP if you've been trying for over 6 months and are over 35. Unfortunately the GP will do nothing until you've been trying for a year - and if you've got one child already then they wouldn't 'do anything' until 2 years of trying. You won't be eligible for IVF on the NHS - I know you're probably not thinking of that yet.

If you can afford to go private to get some basic tests done then I'd advise doing that, we did and I'm glad because it showed problems with the male side (had conceived DC1 easily so had assumed no problems). My GP wouldn't even do basic blood tests but yours may be more helpful. I'd get a GP appt (in person) whenever you can but look into private clinics as well as GP is unlikely to be much help. A consultant in a clinic can at least help you set out your options.

We're now going for IVF privately which we never expected but at least we know where we are.

Initial tests we did (privately) were blood tests (AMH, hormones etc), semen analysis and HSG (x-ray of your womb/tubes with dye - not as horrible as it sounds).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now