Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ivf cycle buddy

(12 Posts)
Milliemillie Sat 25-Feb-17 17:31:33

I'm just wondering if anyone is in a similar time frame to me, I'm due to start stimming next weekend.
I'm in short protocol with immune drugs. This will be my 4th and final attempt so a highly emotional one.

It would be nice to talk to someone in a similar situation as I'm already feeling pretty lost.

Milliemillie Mon 27-Feb-17 07:53:40

Anyone?

geeup Mon 27-Feb-17 14:38:17

Hi Millie. I'm starting long protocol this Thurs 2nd. So I'll do about 3 weeks of buserelin before I start stimming with egg collection/transfer around beginning April. I can't wait to get started and am literally counting down the days.
I saw your thread about a box set and am following for same reasons. Are you planning to take the 2 weeks after transfer? That's what I'm hoping for if all goes well...

geeup Mon 27-Feb-17 14:39:14

Ps I'm only on first cycle ttc #1 so appreciate we're at different stages but didn't want to read and run.

Milliemillie Mon 27-Feb-17 14:47:34

Hi Geeup!
Nice to have a fellow ivfer onboard smile

I did the long protocol the first 2 cycles but now on short protocol as my ovary doesn't wake up properly after down regging!

Yes I'm taking the whole 2ww off work, my gp signed me off before and will do so again this time. I find it far too stressful being at work when all I can think about is what's happening inside me.

Have you been TTC for long?

geeup Mon 27-Feb-17 14:54:11

It's been two long years trying. What about you?

geeup Mon 27-Feb-17 14:54:52

Ps what did the doc sign you of with? I want to do the same (seems unfair I should have to use holiday for what is ultimately a medical condition that isn't my fault).

geeup Mon 27-Feb-17 14:55:51

And sorry also wanted to ask was it your gp who signed you off? If yes did you go to them on your embryos transfer day to get the letter or did they do in advance or remotely for you?

Milliemillie Mon 27-Feb-17 15:12:51

I've been trying for 18 years so I'm exhausted now! sad

Yes my gp has been brilliant. She signs me off from ET Day and puts 'gynae issues' on the sick note.

Go speak to your GP about it, I'm like you - holidays should be for relaxing not stressy ivf!

geeup Mon 27-Feb-17 15:57:35

God that's an incredible feat. When you finally become a mum you're going to be amazing! Thanks for the advice. Will have a chat with GP.

Milliemillie Mon 27-Feb-17 16:19:43

Thank you! I'm just hoping it actually happens, this is our final attempt so highly emotional one!

Good luck for starting DR.

geeup Mon 27-Feb-17 18:37:46

Thank you! Good luck to you too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now