Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best diet for stimming and post transfer?

(13 Posts)
Isthismummy Thu 23-Feb-17 11:23:54

Reading a lot of conflicting advice on this subject and was hoping to hear other people's thoughts.

I keep hearing a lot about high protein and lots of diary products being good. Is this true? I'm starting stimming in a fortnights time and need some advice smile

I'm a vegetarian though, so any meat/fish suggestions won't apply to me.

Blueroses99 Fri 24-Feb-17 07:32:24

I have always done high protein diets while stimming. It makes sense to me, as you are growing lots of eggs rather than just one a month, but some HCPs supported it, others just said there wouldn't be any harm but it's not scientifically proven.

I ate extra eggs, cheeses, protein yoghurts (Skyr), protein bars, bounce balls, miso soup, milk, added chia seeds to cooking - as a vegetarian you probably know far more non meat/fish protein sources than I do.

I don't know how much it helped but I did get a BFP xx

Isthismummy Fri 24-Feb-17 08:02:16

I love bounce balls Blueroses99. I will therefore take this as a perfect excuse to scoff ten a daygrin

I think lots of protein makes sense too. I've also been reading a lot of things saying carbs are bad during this time? Terrible news to a wholewheat bread and pasta lover like me!

I tend to eat quite a lot of tofu and quote, but I've read the former is bad during IVF. I hope my beloved quorn isn't!

Isthismummy Fri 24-Feb-17 08:02:58

Quote? Qorn even. Although I'd give quote a try if it meant a bfpgrin

Isthismummy Fri 24-Feb-17 08:03:09

Quorn!!!!

Blueroses99 Fri 24-Feb-17 08:19:13

Yes you do need to be careful with soy/tofu etc. Some types mimic oestrogen which obviously isn't ideal for the body during treatment. I think fermented types are ok which is why I could have miso soup but definitely check. I don't know about Quorn.

I read somewhere to aim for 65g a day - I found protein bars that were 10g and Mini Babybel was 5g so it soon added up, but also found that I felt full all the time so it was harder to snack in addition to meals!

Isthismummy Fri 24-Feb-17 08:43:58

I can't see anything saying quorn is harmful, so that's good.

65g a day is a fair bit. I'd better get those nuts outgrin

I've read stuff saying high protein is good for stimming, but not so much after transfer. Thoughts? I really don't want to bugger this up and it's such a mine field!

Blueroses99 Fri 24-Feb-17 10:01:46

I forgot about all the nuts!

I think that's right, I had a more balanced diet post EC, the only thing I added was a few slices of pineapple every day after transfer! Honestly don't know if it helped but I certainly did feel like I was doing everything I could.

Isthismummy Fri 24-Feb-17 10:22:19

Stupid question, but is tinned pineapple OK? I don't like fresh, but can cope with tinned (I'm wierd😳)

Blueroses99 Fri 24-Feb-17 10:32:24

I think has to be fresh as the canning process can reduce the active ingredient bromelain. Alternatively bromelain capsules are available!

Isthismummy Fri 24-Feb-17 12:35:20

Well my ivf meds came today and the needles are massive!

It has put my fresh pineapple reluctance into a new perspective. It has definitely now become the least of my worries😳

Blueroses99 Fri 24-Feb-17 15:53:04

Ah you'll get used to the injections after a couple of days. I found watching YouTube videos while I was doing it really helpful. Also if you haven't already, join one of the cycle buddy threads on here. Much easier going through it with day to day support from those going through at the same time.

I can't believe anyone doesn't love pineapple 🍍

Isthismummy Fri 24-Feb-17 19:43:01

Must admit I felt a bit sick when I saw the needles. I'm not soft by any means, but the thought is just so unpleasant!

Will watch some vids. That's a really good suggestion🙂 I may join a thread. I'm rubbish at keeping up with them though.

I loved pineapple when I was little, but it's allure has died on me as an adult. It could be time to get back into them I thinksmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now