Talk

Advanced search

HSG

(3 Posts)
Pohara1 Sun 19-Feb-17 01:46:00

I'm going for a HSG this week, or at least I will be if the 'person who makes the appointments' ever actually comes to work, but what should I expect? And do people actually conceive naturally after having one, or is that a bit of a myth? And in case, it does actually happen, what can I do to increase the chances of it working for me?

So I'm not drip feeding, we know that there's scar damage to my fallopian tubes, but the consultant just doesn't know how much. I had extensive abdominal surgery six years ago, and we knew that it was going to cause damage. However, he has said that everything else - ovaries, uterus - looks good (I'm taking it as a compliment).

toffeepuddin Sun 19-Feb-17 22:49:05

so they say. the nurses who gave me a hycosy test which is similar. They say for some people it gives them a good clear out, it depends if the infertility is tube related of course. Mine wasn't. good luck

ramshacklerose Mon 20-Feb-17 19:52:57

Take some paracetamol or similar before/after! I didn't and I ended up fainting a couple of hours later. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now