Talk

Advanced search

Dieting and exercise whilst doing ivf

(8 Posts)
Bibs2014 Sat 18-Feb-17 21:29:05

Is it frowned upon to diet and exercise whilst on ivf? I'm currently down regging for a FET, ET in about 3 weeks. I want to exercise but don't want to put too much strain on my body. But god I feel fat and frumpy after a failed cycle in December, Christmas then straight into a FET.

LemonDrizzler Sun 19-Feb-17 21:19:08

I think as long as you don't do it post transfer and you're not doing ultra marathons then exercise shouldn't do any harm and might well do some good (if only to keep you sane).

I have just started exercising again following a failed FET after many months off and I already feel so much better. More in control somehow as it is something to achieve which I can actually influence.

Diet-wise maybe don't do anything too restrictive.

PetiteChouette Mon 20-Feb-17 10:51:04

I would really recommend eating healthily, but not dieting. Calorie restriction can impact the thickness of your uterus lining.

I think light exercise is good...like Pilates or yoga. I'm not sure anything really intense is good, unless you're used to doing it.

Basically I think you want your body's resources channelled into follicle and egg development. Doing anything that puts your body under new physical stress could impact that.

Bibs2014 Mon 20-Feb-17 15:11:36

I just feel so fat around my tummy 😩

LemonDrizzler Mon 20-Feb-17 18:20:22

If it is a FET though so no follicle development is light exercise before transfer not going to be a good thing?

PetiteChouette Tue 21-Feb-17 07:32:19

Good spot, Lemon blush. Yes, I think light exercise is good...it also helps with blood supply to the uterus. I still think too much calorie restriction and high intensity exercise could impact the uterus lining though. Everything in moderation.

Bibs2014 Tue 21-Feb-17 14:57:16

I think I'm going to aim to go walking more - it helps that the weather is better!

leanandgreen Tue 21-Feb-17 15:09:09

Just stick with whatever exercise programme you've been doing. You can carry on as normal.
You'll probably feel too tired on certain days but don't stop your current exercise programme.

I didn't and still haven't post my bfp from ICSI.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now