Talk

Advanced search

Polycystic ovaries

(8 Posts)
kiwi10 Fri 17-Feb-17 16:55:27

Today I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries and I was wondering people's experiences and was is easy to have kids or did you struggle? Did you ever have periods?

Thank you in advance! star

Musicinthe00ssucks Fri 17-Feb-17 17:55:41

Hello. I was diagnosed when I was 14 (I'm 37 now) and the treatment back then was the pill. I was on it off and on until I was 25. I never really had proper periods; sometimes going up to a year between them. After I got married we decided we wanted a family and fortunately I had a very supportive GP who arranged for me to have all of the investigations necessary (ultrasounds, DH sperm count etc.) we then paid for private fertility treatment as there was no funding available in our area. I was offered Clomid and we conceived after 6 months. We had our second DD without medical intervention.

There are lots of positive PCOS stories out there OP. Best of luck on your journey flowers

reapercrew Fri 17-Feb-17 17:59:52

I didn't get diagnosed or have any inkling that I had PCOS until I was 27 & starting trying to conceive. I'd had irregular periods when I first started having them so I started taking the pill at 14 & because of that always had a monthly period. I was tried metformin then clomid & neither worked for me, we thought we would need to have IVF but the last thing to try before that was ovarian drilling, had that done & 6 weeks later got a positive pregnancy test, my little girl is coming up to 4 now.

twinkletoesimnot Fri 17-Feb-17 18:05:59

I was diagnosed some time the birth of my 3rd dc. Was advised it was good id had my children, as was having severe symptoms. I then after not worrying about contraception had a 4th dc born just after my 3rd started school. We decided to try one more time and had a 5th 15 months after dc4. I was told I had no sign of pcos, and that after disappearing, it only recurs 30% of the time. Mine came back and I had only one period in the 4 years after having dc. 5. We became careless with contraception because of this, and have a dc 6! Who was born 7 years after dc 5. Since then I have the most regular periods I have had, although I do miss the odd one. Don't give up hope! X

thisagain Fri 17-Feb-17 18:07:22

I was diagnosed when 19 after not starting periods. I conceived DD22 with chlomid and conceived on first month (then had 2 early miscarriages a few years later). DD14 was conceived after various infertility treatments (but not IVF) and then DS6 was conceived naturally when my periods suddenly started when I was 40!

toffeepuddin Sat 18-Feb-17 12:29:34

I think there are a lot of success stories out there. I have PCO and my consultant isn't concerned about that, just my dodgy womb. Most women with PCOS get pregnant via clomid.

mistletoeprickles Wed 22-Feb-17 10:05:57

I was diagnosed at 17. I would average 3/4 periods a year.
I fell pregnant with DD when I was taking the pill, she was a huge surprise.
DP and I went on to try for number 2, it simply just didn't happy. 9 rounds of clomid and a very rocking road later I am 16 weeks pregnant.
Everyone is different, I know someone with pcos who has got pregnant natural 6 times

ClaireL90 Fri 21-Jul-17 22:05:44

Hi guys, at 17 I had a large cyst and I was told I had polycystic ovaries. I was put on the pill and have been on it since then. (I'm 27 now) had an ultra sound after being taken to a and e wed and there was no cysts, no polycystic ovaries and no enlarged ovaries. Does pco go away or have good and bad times or is it just a case of the pill useage means it's 'gone away'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now