Talk

Advanced search

IVI Clinic London

(5 Posts)
Goodthingscome2those Fri 17-Feb-17 12:58:21

Unfortunately I've had two fresh IVF cycles and one non medicated FET which all failed and am now looking to change clinics.

Has anyone used IVI whether abroad or their new clinic in London (which is where I'd probably go)? I'd really like to hear any views/experience if possible.

Many thanks and good luck with your journeys xx

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 18-Feb-17 22:32:12

We went to Madrid ivi

Found their clinic and knowledge and whole technology far superior then Our uk clinic

3rd cycle failed but had many more follicles and eggs and embryos that fertilised. They also did icsi as standard. Unlike our uk clinic

So had 6 frozen

2nd fet / 5th try in all worked and currently 34w

I'm also 43 so geratric 😉

We chose abroad as much cheaper so compare London to Madrid or Any of their sister clinics abroad

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 18-Feb-17 22:33:59

We changed after two cycles in uk at same clinic as lost faith in them and one cycle ending up having 1 embryo left at day 3

Goodthingscome2those Sun 19-Feb-17 07:24:00

Thanks blondes and many congratulations! I have heard Spain are much more advanced than UK which is why I'm slightly swayed to them. Good idea about comparing prices as a short flight won't bother me too much if it's a large enough saving and I could always do with a few days away wink!
I've also just turned 40, so was starting to worry but your story has given me hope 😃. Good luck and I hope you have a happy healthy baby in your arms soon and everything goes well for you xxx

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 19-Feb-17 08:18:46

The short flight was fab. ESP as cycle 3 was over xmas and as we told no one about doing ivf after failed 2

So flew out for ec and home again and 5 days later for transfer

Meantime they kept in contact daily with progress

Also have own personal translater. Tho the docs do speak English sometimes easier for them to speak Spanish and then our lady would translate

Emails and phone calls at anytime we wanted

Hard enough when you know it's failed but when all friends and family ask it doubles the pain

So told no one and tbh even tho 3&4 failed it was easier for df and I to cope as just our feelings iysism

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now