Talk

Advanced search

Is this Clomid or am I going mad?

(11 Posts)
Saz444 Thu 16-Feb-17 14:56:31

Hi everyone... I am looking for some fellow Clomid users to tell me I'm not going mad. I am on cycle day 16 of first round of clomid 50mg. Have been told it hasn't worked due to follicle scans so I'm now waiting for end of cycle to start on 100mg... This has been really dissapointing. I naively thought I would just need to take the magic pill and pop! I'd have a baby! But no...
However, what I am finding hardest is the side effects of Clomid. I hope they are side effects and this just isn't the new me because I feel terrible! My mood for one is all over the place. I cry for absolutely no reason, get irrationally angry, jealous of any sort of bump/baby and I generally just feel down. I am also exhausted, like I could put my head down and sleep at any moment. At the start of the cycle I couldn't sleep either! Also my eyes are weird... Not blurry but I find it really hard to focus on things. Like my eyes take a while to catch up with what I'm trying to look at.
Please tell me I'm not alone or going mad. Can a tiny pill really make me feel like this?

Maryrose85 Mon 20-Feb-17 20:07:17

You are not going mad!! Its been a couple of years since I've taken chlomid but I remember the side effects well!! I was so hormonal, and tired and had random pains. It really wasnt fun!! So you have my sympathy!

MyHairNeedsASnip Mon 20-Feb-17 20:09:25

We call them my 'bitch pills'. They're horrible flowers

tibradden Mon 20-Feb-17 20:10:51

Oh you're not going mad. I was the same. Had to come off it. Honestly I couldn't stop crying, wasn't helped by not being able to sleep. I eventually came off it.
Wishing you the best

Lofari Mon 20-Feb-17 20:12:07

Definitely not going mad! Few years since I've taken them too but they are horrible little side effect causing things. Worst thing for me was the vision affecting headaches. Didn't feel with it half the time!

KP86 Mon 20-Feb-17 20:14:16

It hasn't happened every cycle, but yes, a couple of months ago Clomid turned me into a crazy person while I was taking it. Poor DS, about 2.8 at the time, could do no right that week.

Subsequent cycles have been ok.

Saz444 Mon 20-Feb-17 21:13:12

Thank goodness... It's good to know I'm not alone! Went for a promotion in work and today my boss told me I didn't get it and I cried in front of her... Awkward! Had to go back and apologise and blame the hormones...

LemonSqueezy0 Tue 21-Feb-17 13:09:09

I'm finding it tough having upped from 50 to 100mg. Had hot flushes on 50mg but that now increased to include so much more-My personality has fully transplanted into a she - devil. I'm very angry, frustrated, short tempered and emotional. I think I was over stimulated this month too, I was in agony! I too thought I'd pop the pill and boom, I'd be pregnant. Very disappointing to not be...

KP86 Tue 21-Feb-17 18:19:27

Lemon, my first time around I fell pregnant on my first cycle, and only taking 25mg. This time I'm up to cycle 5, on mixture of 25 and 50mg goes. It's really disappointing as I thought I'd just need a little shove in the right direction like before!

It does work for a lot of people, so hang in there.

LemonSqueezy0 Wed 22-Feb-17 07:59:15

Thanks Kp86. I'm also on metformin this month, and next 2 months and after that it's ivf. How long were you ttc before you got pregnant on the 25mg? I'm hoping this extra dose works for you soon too. Are you using anything else? (conceive plus etc)

KP86 Wed 22-Feb-17 08:14:50

I'm taking the seven seas vitamins as well as extra folic acid.

I was off contraception for a year before clomid but only two natural cycles in that time so I don't really count that time as TTC.

You've really been through the ringer. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now