Talk

Advanced search

Please help to explain Sperm Analysis results

(3 Posts)
SayenRose Wed 15-Feb-17 17:35:04

We've had DH's results back from a semen sample given last Tuesday, we have an appointment with the doctor for next week to discuss but they did give us a copy of the results (at DH's request).

Here they are;
Abstinence: 2 days
Volume: 3.2 ml
pH: 8.3
Motility: 62% combined progressive, 6% non progressive, 32% immotile
Count: 74 million/ml
Total sperm number: 237 million
Morphology: <1% normal forms

Clearly, morphology is a big, big issue here? Not just 1% but less than it seems?
I just need help in understanding or getting perspective as I know I'll just be worrying until next week.

I have 2 DC with my ex, both conceived quickly and I seem to be fine fertility wise. Both me and my husband are under 30, not sure if that matters!

JoJoSM2 Sat 01-Apr-17 10:16:02

Just found your thread. How did the appointment go? DH is in a similar boat, I.e. Very good count and motility but 0% normal forms sad Unfortunately, I can't be of much help as I've got problems myself that make natural conception pretty much impossible. We'll be doing an IVF cycle soon, not sure whether ICSI or not.

Jadelina Wed 05-Apr-17 10:08:32

My partners results were less than 1% morphology when we conceived. Don't be disheartened xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now