Talk

Advanced search

IVF REFERAL FROM NHS TO HAMMERSMITH - long wait??

(5 Posts)
saarah92 Tue 07-Feb-17 19:54:05

Hi everyone,

Extremely new to this so forgive my lack of knowledge on abbreviations, terminology etc.

Me and partner have been ttc for two and a half years and were refered to the fertility clinic at the Whittington (London) in November 2016.

I'm a 25 y/o, relatively healthy with an average BMI. My partner is the same at 24. Unfortunately for us both we where informed that although we can continue to try naturally, IVF was the best option.

I was informed by the consultant that he will be putting our referral through to Hammersmith Hospital, this was Jan 30th. Apart from that, we revived very little information.

I know it has only been a week and I may be rushing/overthinking, but anyone who has experienced something similar, your insight would be great.

How long does it take, and what do I do next??
Thanks in advance!!

toffeepuddin Thu 09-Feb-17 11:59:19

To my surprise the NHS aren't that slow!it does depend what area your in. Ingot my IVF Referral in November and got my top of the waiting list appointment at the end of January. I would keep ringing them got any updates, procedures, timelines. The department of reproductive medicine and they should give you some details.

smile

saarah92 Fri 10-Feb-17 15:45:24

Thank you for your response.

Just so nerve racking waiting, especially when you don't have much information to hand.

Here's hoping it doesn't take too long.

xx

Londonjam Fri 10-Feb-17 22:19:30

Hi Sarah I've just been referred to the homerton after one year ttc. Not sure what waiting lists are like but keen to hear how you get on and hope it's not too long.

user1471548036 Sun 12-Feb-17 19:41:52

I've also been referred to Homerton for a consultation. Not sure about the process but wish you luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now