Talk

Advanced search

HSG after colposcopy?

(3 Posts)
ProfessionalPirate Mon 06-Feb-17 15:53:47

I had borderline changes on my recent smear and have a colposcopy booked for next tuesday (my first). Unfortunately it's probably going to clash with my potential HSG (period due any day). I have a follow-up fertility consultation early March, where I was hoping we would be able to make a plan of action/get on the IVF waiting list. If I don't get the HSG done this cycle before the appointment, I'm worried everything is going to be delayed.

So my question is, does anyone know if I can get an HSG done within a few days of colposcopy? If not, I'm thinking of postponing the colp.

I know I should be asking the clinic, but I can barely get hold of a secretary, let alone talk to the doc, plus I don't want to be persuaded into postponing the HSG.

katieferg81 Mon 06-Feb-17 19:22:20

I've had both although several years apart. I would have the colposcopy after the HSG but not the HSG after the colposcopy. I don't think they'd been keen to do them so close together due to possible infection risk. Personal choice but I don't think I'd be keen to postpone the colposcopy either as it's a procedure that could potentially save your life (and future fertility) if you have abnormal cells (my colposcopy discovered cells that were pre cancerous and if I hadn't have had the treatment I had when I had it it was likely to further develop within a 6 month period)

ProfessionalPirate Mon 06-Feb-17 20:05:19

Thanks for your reply katie, I think I might call the colposcopy department and see if I can pospone the colp by just a week or so, but if it would mean a long wait them I'll leav things as they are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now