Talk

Advanced search

Praying to conceive baby number 2 ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’”

(6 Posts)
Chelsea2016 Sun 05-Feb-17 22:15:11

Hello... I'm feeling rather down so thought I'd give this a shot. I had my 1st baby in 2012, we started trying to conceive baby number 2 in November 2014, and I eventually fell pregnant in December 2015.. I miscarried at 9 weeks and now a year on I'm still not over my miscarriage and I'm still not pregnant with baby number 2. I feel heartbroken... I love my son to pieces, I wish I could have another baby ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ’”
I'm just looking for some support ๐Ÿ™ Xx

CaipirinhasAllRound Mon 06-Feb-17 10:49:43

Sending you hugs

Hobbes39 Wed 08-Feb-17 20:30:25

Hi Chelsea - I'm so sorry you are going through this - its heartbreaking... I have a similar story - gorgeous DS now 3.5 years old, trying for over 2 years for a sibling, had an ectopic pregnancy just over a year ago now, and one failed cycle of ivf just back in November / December (chemical pregnancy). 'Secondary infertility' is cruel as while we are v lucky to have a DC, it makes it harder to avoid situations with babies and certainly for us anyway, it seems like everyone and her dog has had/ is having their 2nd or even 3rd baby by now... have you seen the doctor to discuss tests? I'm 39, so we didn't fee we had time on our side, so we had all the tests etc - nothing obviously wrong - but there could be something that can be easily changed for you? You never know. Good luck xxx

ScottishBadger Thu 09-Feb-17 07:53:09

Hey. Take it easy on yourself. I know how you are feeling. DD born Dec 2011. Tried for number 2 since Jan 2012. 1 miscarriage Aug 2012 and nothing since. I have known PCOS so always knew it might take a while. 2nd round of clomid and still nothing.
Only thing I can say is its ok to grieve, both for your angel and what hasn't happened yet. It makes me so mad when people try to invalidate your feelings with 'at least you have one'. Hugs to you

Noora Mon 13-Feb-17 20:05:24

Hello Chelsea! I'm sorry about your loss. I had 3 MCs and I know how you feel now. I understand that this is really hard to move on. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to fasten the process. But don't be harsh with yourself. Just give yourself some time. We were ttc for 8 years. This process can take even more time. Remember that you have your son and he needs you. So don't put your ttc in the center of your life, because it won't let you to enjoy it. Don't give up and keep trying! I wish you all the best, dear!

Lofari Mon 13-Feb-17 20:11:51

I have some experience here. Had my first in 2006 no problems. Started ttc when he was 1, nothing happened for 2 years. Then i was sent for tests and told pcos. Clomid....fell pregnant on 4th cycle. Over the moon, naturally. Missed miscarriage, found out at 12 week scan.
1 year after this I was told only route was IVF which I could never afford.
So slowly I kind of came around to the idea I was only going to have the 1 child. Took up running, and lost some weight and then boom I found I was expecting. ....naturally! My dd is now 5, and I have since given them both a baby brother too!
Secondary infertility is heartbreaking but it can quickly dominate your life if you let it. Busybodies who like to ask 'ooh are you planning anymore?' do not help x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now